Standard Bluetooth - pairing and connecting 2 phones at once?

Itguy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Does anyone know if it is possible to pair two phones at once to the standard bluetooth hands free in the A3/S3?

Our MINI has this feature and it is very useful as I have a work blackberry and personal iphone. When I get in the car it connects to both with one being the master, which it pulls the phonebook up for and uses for outbound calls. If I get an inbound call on either it just rings and I answer. Brilliant! If I want to dial out on the other 'slave' phone, I can just choose 'swap phone' and it swaps the master and slave over.

Does the audi do this?

Thanks

I don't think this is possible but I could be wrong. I think you can only pair one phone at a time.

I don't think you can have two phones paired at once, but it will store the connection profile of multiple phones. I'm in a similar situation; I just select the work or personal phone on the MMI as appropriate at the start of each journey (it defaults to the last one connected). You don't need to go through the full discovery process again each time.

Ok, thats a bit of a pity but not a deal breaker obviously. Should be able to see the demo car in Derby again today so will have a bit of a play