Standard Audio Volume

jakmorg:2135074 said:
Tone settings are individual to the media source. Or at least, they are on my tech pack with B&O.

Must be only on tech pack. My none tech pack has one universal tone setting regardless of source.

When you say 'tone' you mean Bass and Treble right?

I've non tech pack and mine are different for each source.

I think that many mp3 players these days, possibly due to EU rules, have limits to prevent damge to your ears when using headphones...

This.
I recently bought an MP3 player to use over the system at the boxing gym. Even on full volume it was too quiet. After looking on the net, I found that if you switch the setting to 'non EU' or something, the volume went a lot higher.

I've ruled the iPod out as a cause because this happens on the SD card as well.

It's the internal amp protecting itself it seems; it must be made of bone china!

I must admit, I have not been massively impressed with the I-pod and SD card sound output........but I have not really messed about with the settings yet.
Output from the radio and phone bluetooth are excellent.

I must go and have a play about with it, see if I can get a bit more clout from SD card/I-pod.

The SD card is definitely lacks puinch and is quieter than the radio on mine (standard MMI, Audi Sound System).

Discovered I had the iPod EQ set to 'Hip Hop' which was overly emphasising the bass. Turned it off and have noticed some improvement.

Still not perfect but doing the above, only playing lossless and knocking the bass down a couple of notches seems to be a decent compromise

I understand what the setting does on the iPod and assumed it had an affect. But you are right, as today I tested leaving the volume up at high levels and adjusting the bass. As the bass increases, the volume decreases. So it's definitely some soft of control from the amp.

Just going to have to find a way to get used to it!

Discovered I had the iPod EQ set to 'Hip Hop' which was overly emphasising the bass. Turned it off and have noticed some improvement.

Still not perfect but doing the above, only playing lossless and knocking the bass down a couple of notches seems to be a decent compromise

Lol... That would be the problem. Should have checked that long ago!