1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staggered Wheels On An 8p.

A19quattro Aug 27, 2014

1. A19quattro

A19quattro Active Member

I have seen some wheels I like for sale 18" but they are staggered, 8.0 front(ET38) and 9.5 rear (ET45), which I haven't considered before. I am not sure about off-sets or how they would sit on the car so if anyone has any knowledge or pictures that would be good, any advice appreciated as to whether they are any good or not, I would be grateful, Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. Fanboy

Fanboy An Audi Fanboy

9.5J for rear definitely won't fit... :keule:

3. Ironborn

Ironborn English...not so good

9.5J can fit with 215 tyres. Someone here has 9.5J ET 40 all round.

4. A19quattro

A19quattro Active Member

OK that decides it for me, they are not to be mine, will keep looking though, these needed a refurb so not buying them will save me the bother.
    Cheers fro the info.

5. AndyParker

AndyParker Active Member

I think the general advice is that most things will fit but with differing levels of hassle. 8.5's should be no problem, 9 ok maybe bit of rubbing, 9.5's possible but involves effort. All dependent on ET as well

I'm in the same boat as you and keeping my search to max 9's for an easy life

6. sliced

sliced Drive safe, stay alive.

If you have quattro, then would heavily advise against it, if your car is fwd then go for it.

7. A19quattro

A19quattro Active Member

Mine is quattro, if anything I'd rather go for small spacers at the rear and keep the tyre/wheel size as Audi intended. It is a daily driver after all and that means hail rain or Snow :)

8. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

Staggered wheels are OK on Quattro as long as you keep the rolling radius of the wheels the same or as close to each other as possible.

If it's your daily and you'll be using in all weather, to save you a head ache, I'd advise against them.