Staggered wheel fitment question

Ian_tdi

Reaction score
Hi,

My a3 is currently lowered 80mm on coilovers, and I am looking at getting 19" wheels. The ones I like are 8.5x19 et45 front with 225-35-19 tyres and 9.5x19" et40 with 235-35-19, do I have any chance of the rears fitting? How much work will it take to fit?

max you want to fit on the rears are 9x19 with 225/35/19 on them
best fit would be 8x19 with 225/35/19 on the et40

i dont think the 9.5x19 with 223/35 will fit at all even with camber adjustments

Am looking at getting my arches rolled and pulled to accommodate.

Ta

it will be a lot of work to do but can be done , alex on here has got a 10j on his car but they are major pokeage and only 17' too

Nope no pm?

I don't know what to do as the wheel is available in 8.5 et 35 and 42 so I could just go lower offset for the rear but either way I would probably be getting the arches rolled and rears pulled so think I might as well go for it?

Any ideas? I want to order the wheels but not if they will constantly rub even after rolling/pulling of arches or if I have to raise the ride height too much!

Ta

Rears will poke, you'll need a 225 tyre to have any chance of fitting them. Probably gunna rub like a ***** to be honest!

Cheers N8 although not got it, one of us having problems with pm'd? My inbox is far from full though? If not if you maybe wouldn't mind pm ing me on edition?

Cheers boss, I would really like to order these tomorrow so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks n8, legend!

I think however I am going to go 8.5 all round. I am hoping I can tuck the rear on 8.5 et 45?

Ta