1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staggered size wheels, can they knackered up a quattro system?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Az, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Az

Az Hard slammed!

As a lot of you may of guessed, I'm looking to change my wheels to a set of 19's.

I have a couple of sets in mind and I'd really like something that stands out. Ideally I'd love to run a set of 9-9.5" wide rims all round, but I think running that width on the front could cause issues, so maybe thinking of staggered fitment, like 8.5" up front and 9.5" at the rear, but I just wanted to double check to see if anyone knows if running different widths front to rear on a quattro can bugger the four wheel drive system up? Or knackered the rear diff??

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Az

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics
    Supporter

As long as the rolling radius is the same you should be fine.

4. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Oh ok mate, cheers, I just assumed that if the rear has a wider contact area than the front it might put strain on the rear diff? I could of sworn I read a thread where someone had big issues on breaking something when running staggered rims?

5. paul20v

paul20v Audi fanatic

Have to agree
    i dont see a problem at all as long as you keep the rolling radius the same .

6. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Oh man its so hard choosing wheels!!!

I really wanna take a chance and go for 9.5" all round! Anyone running 9.5's all round??