Staggered bbs lms---wat tyres needed

jayden123

Reaction score
ive got a set of 19x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5.
was wanting to no wat would be a good size tyre to fit. something that will look good on car or something maybe with a slight stretch aswell.

car is also lowered if that helps

1.9tdi 115bhp

I'd say 225/35 for fronts and 23; or 245/35 for rear but depends on your offset if wheels will fit. Tyres will give a nice stretch though.

Yeah 225 fronts, 235 rears - that's what I'm running now & it's fine.

Wasnt you running LM reps at some point ? What happened to them ?
Would love them on mine on mine but dont want to fork out for poor quality !

Wasnt you running LM reps at some point ? What happened to them ?
Would love them on mine on mine but dont want to fork out for poor quality !

Yeah I had 8.5x19 ET45 with 17.5mm spacers on 225/35/19 all round. I had them on the car for nearly 2 years and it wasn't until last winter that I had any issues. The state of the roads in London was dreadful - I hit an area where the tarmac had fallen away, with a few massive potholes that I couldn't see (at night in the rain), and at 30mph the front wheels & tyres took the brunt of the force.

This was the result - one bent rim:
rim1.jpg

rim2.jpg

I thought it had affected the beading/seal and was why I had a slow puncture, but when I bought the AMG wheels and got the tyres swapped over, the rear face of the front tyres had splits in them, so I had to replace the tyres too!

Oh well, it meant I could run with these for a bit:
car1.jpg

These AMG ones are now sold & I've actually bought some replacement staggered LM reps! I sold the AMGs with tyres, so I'll be getting fresh rubber all round: 225/35/19 fronts, 235/35/19 rears. Can't wait to get them on the car! The wider rear lip is going to look sweet and the offsets (ET35 front, ET38 rear) should be good without the need to run spacers :)

I'll keep one of the old ones as a spare (with a spacer and longer bolts in my boot!) & sell the other 3 on eBay.

One thing I will say - and this goes for all polished then lacquered wheels - if you get any chips or curbing and the lacquer lifts, grime/salt/water can get in and lift the clear coat giving milky looking patches and in some case, the lacquer will flake off.

To keep them looking their best, you do need to use a decent wheel wax regularly.

In terms of quality - for the money, they're very good and of equal standard to other "branded" aftermarket wheels I've had on previous cars that have cost more.

Plus, the BBS LM design is one of those timeless wheels and, despite it getting a bit played out, they look perfect on the A4 B7, which is why I'm getting some more!

Intresting where are you getting the new lms from I have the same car as you but avant so same problem clearing the massive brakes so was thinking I would need spacers ?

well me being a sap i got mercedes fitment ones. et 45 all round. center bore 72.6?.
im getting rid of them now.on the bay.type in bbs lm. you'll see them.staggered 19in.
cant be assed with sigot rings and spacers to get them to fit.
looking ffor 365. quite good condtion.

You got any more info on your new BBS's Ultra? Quite interested in a set myself now lol

Yeah they turned up yesterday & I got home to find they had sent the gunmetal ones instead of the silver! Damn it! They're sending the right ones out to me & collecting the gunmetal ones.

I bought them via eBay - they're 8.5x19 ET35 front, 9.5x19 ET38 rear 5x112 pcd & 66.6 centre bore (Merc fitment). I've got some CNC'd spigot rings for them to take the centre bore down to 57.1mm.

Very nice! shall have to keep my eyes open for some!