1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage2+ S3 Boost concerns

Discussion in 'Revo Technik' started by Acheron, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Acheron

Acheron Member

[Dec 4, 2012]
    Hoping I can get a 2nd opinion with regards to what I'm seeing in my car's boost logs as I've already taken this up with my local tuner.

Below is a 3rd into 4th gear pull (letting the S-tronic box shift at the limit) view of requested v.s. actual boost as well as N75 duty cycle. The big request/actual dip towards the end is the gear change and is a concern itself as the car is jerking on change like its losing power momentarily.

[​IMG]

As you can see the car struggles to meet the requested 1.5 bar and takes a heavy dip in boost in the last 1000 rpm before the limit. At the same time as this dip begins N75 values shoot up.

Does this look normal for a 2+ car? I'm especially concerned about what appears to be the N75 struggling to retain boost from 5000rpm onwards. The car is running the Revo v12 non-linear throttle map, custom 76mm downpipe, EVOMS, Autotech HPFP internals

EDIT: The full logs are available here - logs OR Zippyshare.com - LOG2(1).xls
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Acheron

Acheron Member

[Dec 4, 2012]
    Well I managed to get my hands on a "healthy" 2+ S3 S-tronic boost log.

[​IMG]

Compared to my graph posted earlier (bottom one in the pic above) it seems that dip in the last 1000 rpm before shift is the norm, but I'm still underboosting a fair amount through the entire rev range.

The other worrying factor I still have this super long/noisy startup since I went Stage2 that I'm wondering if it isnt related:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014