1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 3 remap instead of stage 2+

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Haz1, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Haz1

Haz1 Member

[Apr 4, 2010]
    Hi all

I have a situation due to the MTM remap. MTM don't make a stage 2+ remap like revo do so considering that I have a full turboback milltek exhaust and a uprated MTM panel filter, I was thinking of getting a autotech fuel pump. So if I install the autotech fuel pump and load the MTM stage 3 remap which is designed for the big turbo kit, which problems Im I likely to experience or would it work perfectly fine?

Thanks
    Haz
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

[Apr 4, 2010]
    well you've kind of answered your own question. First of all your clutch wont last a day with Stage 2+ or 3. Your turbo wont be able to produce the required boost pressure causing failure with stage3. You also need a cold air induction kit, not panel filter. Intercooler is required of you want to make full use of a bigger turbo. And some use rs4/r8 injectors with stage3. Aw ye and you'l probably want some bigger brakes to stop all this power :)
  4. CJ3BLUE

CJ3BLUE Member

[Apr 4, 2010]
    I would look at getting a full intake system first to compliment your Milltek, such as the ITG (which i have) or the Forge,Evoms etc.
    Massive difference !
  5. Haz1

Haz1 Member

[Apr 4, 2010]
    Im definitely going to get a proper induction kit, thinking between the ITG and Forge Twintake, then thinking of the Autotech fuel pump. But with a stage 2 map only (not stage 2+) I reckon I wouldn't be getting the full benefit of the CAI and uprated fuel pump setup?
  6. CJ3BLUE

CJ3BLUE Member

[Apr 4, 2010]
    Imo your not getting the benefit of your exhaust at the moment because your still getting a standard air flow into the engine with the oem setup,when you fit a intake the volume of air the engine pulls in is massive (ITG has a 3'' internal bore pipe!! ) i seriously couldnt see how it would fit in the engine when i opened the box lol !
    Ive done the opposite ive got the massive air flow going in and still have the restrictive exhaust causing back pressure.
    The guys @ Star-performance said before i get the exhaust he recommended i got the fuel pump done first.