1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 2 Remap - Who?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by LoveAudi, May 2, 2014.

1. LoveAudi

LoveAudi New Member

[May 2, 2014]
    Looking to Remap my Audi s3 8p 2008 to a stage 2 remap. Could anyone kindly share some time and help me. What would i need to change? whos remapping is better?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. desertstorm

desertstorm Well-Known Member

[May 2, 2014]
    Welcome to ASN. Where abouts are you in the world, wouldn't want to recommend a tuner in London if you are in Glasgow.
  4. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[May 2, 2014]
    On a general note,don't be taken in by any particular company's hype.

All of the reputable companies(Revo,APR,Shark,AMD,Unicorn etc) will be able to offer approximately the same power output for a given stage of mechanical tune,i.e. Stg2 being the step below fitting an uprated HPFP.

On that,I'd advise going straight to Stg2+( i.e. fit an uprated HPFP),as all of the parts you'll need for Stg2 such as exhaust and CAI,are also required for that,and it will take you as far as you can go,without fitting a bigger turbo.

I went with Revo software,and have had no issues with the product or the backup,and I think that all you need to look for is the advice,and level of support you require.

The next part,as desertstorm says,is choosing the right place,in your area.
    warren_S5 likes this.
  5. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[May 2, 2014]
    Go to whoever can support you the best locally.

I will always suggest revo as I have had pain free 5 years experience with them and their software plus the fact that they are the major software firm for VAG here in Northern Ireland
    Revo Steve-W, warren_S5 and S3Alex like this.
  6. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Active Member

[May 5, 2014]
    Go with a company with a good reputation and somewhere quite local in case you need to go back. Personally I went with Revo as I love the power delivery and have used them on my previous S3s
    Revo Steve-W likes this.
  7. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 5, 2014]
    And don't get suckered in by fake / manipulated / overstated rolling road power graphs, as said above the relationship with the right tuner is absolutely KEY
    Revo Steve-W, S3Alex and Forbzeeee like this.