1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 2 Re-map at 152,000 miles good idea or not?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by lil bob, May 18, 2013.

1. badger5

badger5 RIP S3dave Site Sponsor

he was dropped at birth perhaps :p

its a passion of jardo's to pronounce the fwd A3 the bestest audi ever

:)
    16Klappe likes this.
  2. azman

azman Member

i especially liked the would you s3 boys bugger off!
    right you want s3 steering rack, s3 hubs, s3 this s3 that lmao.
  3. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

As Bill said.

Dropped on the head at birth. And as such I just don't like them, broadly and generally speaking I just don't like them.

Would it make you happier if I told the OP that he wants TT/LCR/R32 parts Azman? Seeing as it's all the same.

Of the 8L chassis cars the LCR is by far and above the best in my opinion, by a fair margin. If you WANT 4WD then buy an S4, they're the same money these days and a lot more car.

Oh, and IMO an RS2 is the bestest Audi ever built.
  4. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Touché.
    No argument from me there!
    Shame I know of one going to rot near where I live. The guy would rather see it fall apart than sell for a decent price.

Never turned a wheel in about 3 yrs :(
  5. azman

azman Member

it would yes please, you seem to hate the s3 with a passion? but then use most of the parts in your car?
    have you had a bad experience with a s3 or something?
  6. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

They're just boring Azman, the bad experiences I have had is that every one I've ever driven (I've driven a 310bhp MTM S3, as well as various states of tunes and cars) has seemed totally dull in comparison to the alternatives. And everybody who owns one seems to think they are the best thing since sliced bread and vows until death do us part.

A very "safe" bet indeed. I'm not suggesting for a second that I want an argument about how great my own A3 is; it's really not all that tbh. But as I'm sure you can understand with the amount of time and money my A3 has had invested on it then I could have purchased an S3 at any point along the way. Which dispells the "poor mans" argument. I just don't like electronically managed AWD systems, or the weight that comes with them. If you are going to have AWD to aid performance you need big power to counter act it; and most people don't have deep enough pockets to take an S3 past the K04. Or sell up and buy a more performance orientated package rather than investing ££££'s on their fundamentally compromised S3.

I rock to work and back, in all weathers. I go for spirited drives on the moors, I drive 400 mile round trips down the A303 to Basingstoke and back, and I go to car meets. At no point in my considerable mileage of driving have I ever thought "**** me, I wish I had AWD..." because my use just doesn't warrant it. If it snows, I stay at home. If it rains, I know how to drive.

My opinion is literally as subjective as that; the average user who is driving their vehicle in a safe and respectable manner shouldn't need AWD. So why not cash in from a lighter, faster, cheaper and more economical car which is pretty much the same to the general public.

Most of the stuff on my car has actually been lifted from an LCR, but this is Audi-Sport so in the same way that I refer to it as LCR stuff on Seat-Cupra.net I refer to is as S3 stuff on here so people can understand and relate to it.

-

I'll own an RS2 one day, probably work up from an S2 first and learn the ropes. I'm not new to the 80 platform, I've had a V6 Avant and a Coupe. Loved both of them!

To leave one rotting away, such a shame :(
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    azman likes this.
  7. slowcoach3

slowcoach3 Member

Its all a wind up, Jardo loves S3's really x
  8. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

I love A3 TQS's, and pre-facelift black S3's with cloth Jacquard Recaros.

Ohhh pre-facelift. How I love them so...
    slowcoach3 likes this.
  9. azman

azman Member

the s3 is a nice fun car to drive, but ive only been driving for a few months, sold the bmw, already used to the s3 and looking at the s4,
    but i think i will be sticking with the audi from now on.
    posted just after you, mine is the preface lift, with the face headlights fitted obviously.
  10. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

S4 is a cracking car, some super bargains around at the moment.

£3500 buys you a NICE S3, realistically. £3500 buys you a hell of a lot of S4...

Audi S4 B5 Avant with MRC mods Full SH | eBay

Not the tidiest of examples, but cheap!

I'd pick the S4 myself. But that's just me.

And if I wanted to cry about how amazing the performance is, I'd bank a grand an buy an E36 M3.
  11. azman

azman Member

my first car was a e46 coupe no m3 by any means but very twichy on the back,
    looked at a couple bof s4 estates, manual in red. but need to be sure of my next investment or the insurance company will be kicking off
  12. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

I kind of understand where jardo is coming from. It's not like he'll jump out his a3 into an s3 and think WOW! Although the s3 is lovely inside (you can't deny that) it's not that much quicker if both cars are at similar state of tune. However if it had a k04-64 ;) ;) then I'm sure he'd love it! Over let's say 350ish I'd most definitely want Quattro because I'm lazy and like to hoof around without wheel spin. Had too much in my fiesta lol.
    16Klappe likes this.
  13. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Back to topic though, my cars rubbing good btw! 185k and goes well! Just make sure it's in TOP shape before you get it mapped. I did and it responded well to mapping!
  14. S3quatt

I think I have an aversion to the S4, One got me banned.
    Great car, if a little clinical but it pulled like a train!
    S2 Coupe was one of the best handling & best sounding car's I've had
    Can't beat the old 5cyl :)
  15. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

They do make a rather romantic growl. A guy down the pub used to have one when I was a kid, and I used to love the sound of that thing burbling up the road :)
  16. S3quatt

See, this is when things get silly for me... Starting to seriously think about pushing the guy to sell the RS.
    Only issue for me is it's red & extremely faded at that. If it had been a Noggy Blue on the other hand, I'd have been on it before now!
  17. jezzy

jezzy Member

RS2 round the corner from me. very nice.
    The S1 is the best car audi built.