Stage 2 ITG Intake and Battery Relocation.

114mph

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if itg still make stage 2 intake kit like the one in the link?
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Haz1/P1050057.jpg

If so, can you suggest the best place to source one?

Also has anyone successfully relocated their oem battery to the boot as required to fit this intake?

TIA

Last edited:
I'm planning to upgrade the turbo in the near future on my S3 (possibly a GTX28), so might as well get the biggest intake I can.

From research, ITG seems to be the best available right now for this platform. Or does anyone has any other recommendations?

ITGTTIntake

Have a plough through my thread,and Decked's to get a feel for what's available in terms of kits.

The best current intakes are the Revo and AMD.
Having said that,the old style ITG on mine is good for well over 500bhp.

Have a plough through my thread,and Decked's to get a feel for what's available in terms of kits.

The best current intakes are the Revo and AMD.
Having said that,the old style ITG on mine is good for well over 500bhp.

Thanks for the reply. So did you mean that ITG does not make them anymore, or do Revo and AMD make better intakes currently?

Will be reading through your thread shortly.

Thanks for the reply. So did you mean that ITG does not make them anymore, or do Revo and AMD make better intakes currently?

Will be reading through your thread shortly.

The ITG intake I have,is,as far as I know,not made now,but VWRacing market one made for them by ITG.

Of the latest arrivals,the Revo and AMD would appear to be the best,but I haven't been able to compare either on my car,as the turbo intake pipes are custom made and I'd need to adapt any new intakes to that.

So,I think they're all good intakes,and all seem to offer very good flow rates,but any comparison on a car which can really turn up the boost is quite difficult.

Just an update on this. So I went ahead and bought the AMD intake after going through S3Alex's build thread, the folks at AMD seem to know their stuff and the workmanship looks pretty good too, so it was good enough for me.

Although I'm still trying to track down an ITG TTRS filter casing as pictured above. The plan is, once I go BT sometime next year, I'd then be able to modify it a bit and mate it to the AMD intake.

Also still trying to find out what's involved with relocating battery to the boot? I don't suppose there is a DIY out there somewhere?

Any advice with the battery relocation?

Or links to previous relevant threads would be appreciated.

Cheers