1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 2 Audi A3 1.9 tdi

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by campey, Feb 4, 2012.

1. campey

campey New Member

Hey I've got a stage one on my car with a cat back non res milltek, apex springs and K&n panel filter. Does anyone know what else I need
    For a stage 2? Input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Joe
  2. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

Hi joe, not really there isn't a stage 2 like the 1.8ts have.

I guess if you fitted an Fmic you might get at bit more power but as tdi's don't have timing maps as such charge temps aren't as bigger an issue, you basically add more boost and fuel and that's it.

Really what you need are bigger injectors and turbo. More air + more fuel = more power.. Tdi's are pretty much that simple

If you have the 110 tdi then 130/150 injectors and a gt1749vb turbo will get you 200bhp

If you have the 130 then just a bigger gt1749vb turbo will get you upto 200bhp.

Failing that a hybrid gt17 turbo and 216 nozzles should see 220bhp ( and possibly a lot of smoke... Haha)
  3. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

An intercooler helps as you get more airflow for the same boost level, hence torque limiter can be increased without hitting the smoke limit.

Rick