1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 1 remap

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Gully, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Gully

Gully Newbie

[Sep 18, 2013]
    Just had my a4 1.8t 190 serviced ,all seems well so the time is here for the stage 1 remap . Anyone have a sound recommendation for where to take it near Southampton area ? Also do I need to check/ change any standard components ? As I read conflicting things saying you should or shouldn't worry ! Cheers , also changed gearbox oil for some hypoid oil and has massively reduced the infamous crunch from 1st to 2nd to almost nothing :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

[Sep 18, 2013]
    To be fair, if you take it somewhere decent they should do a full health check for you anyway , so any issues will be highlighted then..
  4. Andie0

Andie0 Member

[Sep 18, 2013]
    What was the make of the oil you used in the gearbox? Thanks
  5. Jp-tqs

Jp-tqs Member

[Sep 19, 2013]
    Im at the same point as you mate, cars had some love and waiting a remap! I dropped in at Regal Autosport in portswood, southampton to get a feel of the place. For a revo map on my 190 1.8t they are charging £299 plus vat (£358 i think). This apparently will give 225bhp. For a proper health check pre map is another £85, so unsure on that bit!
    Seemed ok there, nice people and appeared proffesional. Only thing that put me off was the lack of VAG cars there, apart from a porsche if that counts!
    Thats as far as my remap quest has gone so far.