1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 1 remap and DSG issues

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by darren_wheeler, Jan 18, 2010.

1. darren_wheeler

darren_wheeler Member

[Jan 18, 2010]
    Can anyone help. my last S3 (2009) had DSG and when i had it remapped there was a noticable lag on up changes. initially i thought it was turbo lag, but i have since been told its down to the DSG ecu. can anyone shed any light on this, and also if there is a way of evercoming this. i have a new one on order and want to ensure that i get it right this time. thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 18, 2010]
    Welcome to the site, you would need a remap on the dsg systems themselves if doing a remap on the engine, have a word with Chris at Regal Sports, he does these.
  4. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Jan 18, 2010]
    Nige is quite right but i would try the engine remap first because i had my 3.2 re-maped and the changes got quicker and a lot smoother so it might be just your old DSG box ? I also notice it holds a gear a lot longer to the extent that sometimes i have to back off the pedal to make it change up which i find better.
  5. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

[Jan 18, 2010]
    If you find Regal a bit unpleasant, then I believe Revo also now offer DSG remaps?
  6. darren_wheeler

darren_wheeler Member

[Jan 18, 2010]
    many thanks guys. will go on the hunt.