1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 1 Price £££

I oOEddOo I Jan 17, 2011

1. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 DSG

That's very well put....the torque on mine has been kept to no more than 420lbs currently,with exactly this in mind,as we know from quite a few others running the same power and torque on standard internals,that reliability is not affected at this level.

I wouldn't say bottom end torque is weak,but with a GT30,the real boost comes in a bit higher up than with the K04,and the mapping from revo seems to have taken this plus the need to limit it in the lower ranges quite nicely,without affecting driveability.

2. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

haha a bit of an understatement! even at low revs it pulls very strongly from what i remember and when its on full boost its an absolute rocket. the smoothness as well was very impressive which im sure would help take a lot of strain off the engine

3. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

I meant weak in comparison to a stage2+ Ko4/ and the mid range/upper range torque

4. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

wont be going anywhere near the rods then thankfully.... stage 2+ is enough effort...... :)

5. S3Alex

Errrmmm...actually no.

I think you'll find it's not....either on paper or on the road.

6. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

More clarification-
    Weak as in the torque curve low down is not as strong as KO4, and when looking at a curve of a GT30***, much dtronger at the mid range/tope end compared to bottom end below 3K...not compared to a KO4 lol and that mapping in such manner would save your rods

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  7. S3Alex

All of the torque and bhp curves are over at VAGOC,but what you'll see is that whilst the torque below 3000 rpm does come in slower,as you'd expect,from 3500 rpm on,the torque is above the K04's peak,and the midrange is much better on the GT30.