1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 1 - Help and Guidance please

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by stefoster, Oct 16, 2013.

1. stefoster

stefoster Member

Hi all...

After reading a few threads and what people have to say, I'm now looking to get a stage 1 done on my 2009 '59' A3 BE Sportback, could people give me their opinions on:

- Which one do use? Seen posts about Revo etc..
    - Who and where can I get this done? I'm based just outside Coventry
    - How much does this sort of thing cost?
    - Is it just a software upgrade or do you have to replace/upgrade parts?

If you can't tell i'm new to all this modding malarkey...

Thanks in advance

Steve

SPARTAN91 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LEE69

LEE69 07 170 DSG

4. SPARTAN91

SPARTAN91 RED FIVE STANDING BY
    Regional Rep TDi Gold Supporter Team Silver Audi A3

Stage 1 is just a remap no parts to change.I've got the plug and play Superchips Bluefin which is an easy DIY job just order the handset from them upload the OEM map from your car(socket used is to the right of the steering wheel in the foot well) and they will down load the new map to you via there web site and then all you do is up load the new map.Took all of about 25 min to do from receiving the handset in the post to putting the map on my car.Had this about 16month now no problems at all.

You can also upload the OEM map back to the ecu if you wish and immobilise you car with it if you wish.

#3 SPARTAN91, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  5. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral
    Team Ibis Audi S3

As below,Stg1 is simply a software upload,and doesn't require any further mods to be done.

There are a good number of companies you can choose from now,including Revo,Shark,APR,Unitronic,Bluefin etc,and the only one I have direct experience of is Revo,who've supplied my mapping from the start.

I don't think there are huge differences between most of them,and it's often a matter of finding a good,recommended tuner that's reasonably close to you,and trying the software out.....many will offer a demo first.

6. manor13

manor13 Active Member

the addition of exhaust, filter / intake would also see increases in figures as well so are worth considering