1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stafford Audi - Cambelt Change (eBay)

emzino Jul 27, 2009

1. emzino

emzino Active Member

Hi all.

Car needs a Cambelt + Waterpump change and Stafford Audi have offered me a very good deal after contacting them on eBay through there cambelt change listing (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....pagename=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1123&salenotsupported).

I just wanted to ask whether anyone has had any previous experience with them in regards to the quality of there work. It's not case of guilty until proven innocent, just genuinely curious if anyone has used any of there services because prices seem very reasonable.

2. sijones

sijones Member VCDS Map User

I have had my cambelt and service done by them in the past and there work is upto scratch.

got no complaints with there work at all...

3. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

Same here, my A3 has a full history with them, The receptionist is a good looker and the coffee is decent!

Also i scuffed a wheel on the courtesy A4 they gave me and when i told them, they didnt give a toss! Thumbs up for me!

4. sijones

I have a preg women sat next to me so couldn't possibly comment on the receptionist... But i wouldn't kick her out of bed....

5. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet VCDS Map User

not a main dealer fan at all, but due to having to use them for servicing i chose stafford audi through the ebay link and found them great, highly recommend

6. emzino

emzino Active Member

Fantastic. Thanks all!

Once i've got the time, i'll book it in for the cambelt + waterpump and probably a service too.

Many thanks again =)

7. emzino

emzino Active Member

Dear oh dear. Just made a huge mistake... I got the location wrong and thought it was only a 30min drive. Turns out to be 3hours+.

Guess i'll have to find somewhere else. Damn shame =/

8. sijones

whoops!!!

Dont forget with putting it in for all that work ask for a discount ;)

9. emzino

emzino Active Member

Well, 3hours+ for a good service... will seriously think about that one. Shame there's nowhere decent in Croydon/Surrey.

And will defo see if I can push on the discount. I'll mention the distance too, see if that'll work heh

10. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

Worth a go, ask them for the cost of your fuel, Most people are prepared to have a day off work if for a car service anyhow so make a day of it and have a drive up the M6!;)

11. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

and watch your bodywork, see my threads. :shutup2:

can't really comment on Stafford Audi but I was there on Saturday and they seemed polite at least.....

12. A Rowley

A Rowley New Member

Hi,
    Mine has got 53K on the clock so its due the cam and water pump in a few months.
    Can you post the price or at least PM me.

As for general Stafford Audi - v good on the parts I ahve bought, leather arms rest etc.
    Cheers

13. davemk

davemk Member

Glad I've read this - it's put my mind at ease as my car's going in there in a couple of weeks for a service and a few warranty jobs.

14. unkle

unkle Beer God

2 Hour drive easily, hows about trying to get a local Audi Dealership to price match?

Also how much were they asking for if you dont mind me asking?