Stacey's Belated Yo Yo Build Thread

Manifold is looking good, The Excessive manifolds are very tight when it comes to the fitting of a silicone hose or pipe from the T/B to map sensor pipe

I'm still thinking about making these but it all comes down to time and weather Excessive can do me a deal on the parts in bulk

Not saying until the pics of the manifold 'build' have been posted :)

<tuffty/>

There will be one shortly ;)

Was just final trial fitting this afternoon before I bite the bullet and take it to get it welded in the morning :)

Think you should leave it black n do small red detailing like paint the inside of the X on the inlet manifold.

Definately worth considering ;)

Would have definately done it red if it wasn't for the red coils that I got from awesome as fell in love with a picture of Karls rocker

Manifold is looking good, The Excessive manifolds are very tight when it comes to the fitting of a silicone hose or pipe from the T/B to map sensor pipe

I'm still thinking about making these but it all comes down to time and weather Excessive can do me a deal on the parts in bulk

Cheers mate I've had to manipulate the coolant pipes a bit to clear the underside of the r32 tb but will all have more clearance once I get an oil cooler and get rid of 2 pipes from under there ;)

Definately think you should make them as there's not a lot on the Market besides sem anymore and they should definately flow a dam site better than the standard Mani :)

IMAG0153.jpg

:)

my problem is too many/much colours, i just experiment when parts are off lol. i wish i had a black TIP i think now.
im changing mine soon to something dark and subtle.
but i think seeing as most of your stuff is black, red would look awesome against it all.

Cheers mate I've had to manipulate the coolant pipes a bit to clear the underside of the r32 tb but will all have more clearance once I get an oil cooler and get rid of 2 pipes from under there ;)

Definately think you should make them as there's not a lot on the Market besides sem anymore and they should definately flow a dam site better than the standard Mani :)

Turn the tb 90 degree so you can see the plug and the black plastic cover is facing down, there is a theory in that the air flows better to number 1-4 better that way

Turn the tb 90 degree so you can see the plug and the black plastic cover is facing down, there is a theory in that the air flows better to number 1-4 better that way

Cheers Andrew i may have to extend the tb cable as was to tight for my liking the way I had it yesterday and will probably be even tighter once turned but that'll definately give me more room underneath to all my coolant pipes ;)

Did you have to extend the tb cable?

Go black wrinkle finish for the OEM+ look ;)

Am considering it as another option, can they powder coat this finish as after a lot of my paint chipped off so easy last time am hopefully getting it coated belongs they don't quote a rediculous price?

IMAG0153.jpg

:)

my problem is too many/much colours, i just experiment when parts are off lol. i wish i had a black TIP i think now.
im changing mine soon to something dark and subtle.
but i think seeing as most of your stuff is black, red would look awesome against it all.

That was my thoughts as there's not any colour at all as it's a black car with all black silver and grey under bonnet, well apart from the new coils ;)

I think I will be making my own alloy charge pipe as well as mine hasn't got the n75 take off and then I can sell it with the turbo as part of a kit, so that will add a bit of brightness but don't want to much bling?

Oooeeer I do quite like that so now another one to the mix?

Didn't think it'll be long till got your opinion mr tuft ;)

Will put up some pics of Mani up to present date later just for you :)

Some mani pics just for Paul ;)

AEB inlet mani runners, xcessive plenum and the plate which I had machined at a local engineering firm, they also did run over the runners with the mill to make sure that theyre flat

d966d9d6.jpg

90e88234.jpg

Boss for IAT sensor
ccedadcc.jpg

A little bit of chain drilling followed by a lot of filling
a0520b43.jpg

Nice tight fit but will need welding as well
d5ace44f.jpg

97b48187.jpg

Brake servo outlet which i cut a section off of a hose tail then turned it down to 12.5mm and drilled out the ally fitting and pressed it in with a bit of retainer
3c51d402.jpg

I then drilled and tapped the plenum for the 1/4 bsp thread on the fitting and just used a couple of copper washers to space it out as it will be getting welded on the inside of the plenum
e403fde7.jpg

8663a4b7.jpg

Forgot to say i did also drill out the ally fitting for the brake servo to aid airflow as this was originally 6mm

A pic of it trial fitted

8f762ff0.jpg

Dropped it off to be welded this morning, I should be getting it back end of the week because of the nature of my friend welding it, its done here and there when hes got a spare minute between other jobs

Will post more pics once welding completed :)

Nice work mate... I am leaving making mine until I have finished re-doing my map...

<tuffty/>

Went to Haywards today and they have agreed to refund all the money for the downpipe once it has been returned to them :yahoo:

Nows where i wish i had held out on buying my turbo as could have changed to top mount on a normal T3 but never mind will be nice to keep it a bit stealthy underslung ;)

I'm going to make some 10 or 15 mm spacers for my coilovers due to wanting to raise the car up a bit and being right at the top of the adjusters on the coillys due to the front camber top mounts loose at least 15-20mm off of the ride height

The top nut is already wound 3-4mm off the top of the thread and want more adjustment, the damper has definately got more travel as can be seen when jacked up

Here how it sits at the mo

7482048b.jpg

Heres a pic of the shocks in question

8d332b7f.jpg

I was thinking of making these spacing rings to sit between the top km nut and spring out of aluminium unless anyones got other sugestions or reasons why not to?

Mate, April is not the best month for weather normally. Sack the whole month off. I'm probably going to give the Edition38 show this weekend and the Ace Cafe meet a miss if the weather is going to continue like this.

Mate, April is not the best month for weather normally. Sack the whole month off. I'm probably going to give the Edition38 show this weekend and the Ace Cafe meet a miss if the weather is going to continue like this.

Yeah i got to admit timings not the best but got really excited when the weather perked up a month or so ago and stupidly thought summer was on the way

Also that downpipe is rubbing really badly on the power steering pipe that comes off of the rack and really need to get the new downpipe made, i might try and briefly get underneath there tommorrow and dent the downpipe in that area to give some clearance as it is now in effect scrap ;)

Hayward did an e36 track car system for unit18 and the work was good. Just a shame yours was pap! BTB in daventry are good but it's a bit of a journey up there for you.

I have two close mates who have work done by them and it was fantastic including custom mani's but mine.....well

He did try to tell me again that due to the way some engines vibrate bolts will come out?? (in a couple of hundred miles)

Also argued what do i expect wanting a 3" downpipe in the tight space down by prop and steering rack to which i told him that you can buy plenty for the standard turbo and nearly every big tubo build ive heard of on these cars has a 3" dp

But any how rant over all is agreed that a full refund will be issued once it is return to them

As for future replacements Bill is my number 1 choice and have been disscussing this with him but biggest downfall is that essex isn't very near gloucester and ideally when changing turbo etc would like to trailer it to somehwere without having to refit the poxy thing but unless there is any one reasonably local (hour or so drive) to chelmsford with good experiance on this type of work (tight transverse preferably 1.8t) then i expect it will be in gloucester for a mapping and downpipe construction ;)

How far is Folkestone from you? Piper also custom make systems inc manifolds and bench test for flow. I've seen their work and it's good but not too offensive on the price.

Think will probably go with bill to be safe and kill 2 birds with one stone as will have to get it there to be mapped ;)

I'm not entirely sure?

I think it would be the case if the spring didn't compress once weight is put back on the wheel but it will reduce the amount of useable travel on the damper so think the theory of doing it is correct but not sure what the side effects will be??

Little update picked up my inlet mani today and was going to try and port the runners this afternoon and hopefully fit it but side tracked by an afternoon sesh at the local ;)

I did ask for some beefy welds as will give me more material to dremel and port a nice funnel

397915ac.jpg

c15d6947.jpg

02e7c74d.jpg

97984f18.jpg

Also got some banjo fittings for dv fpr and gauge feed ideally could have been 3/16 but smallest i could get was 1/4 so will have to try and stretch the pipe over

95289d87.jpg

Rocker cover wise i had thought i had got my hands on a euro 1.8 smooth cover for my car but the numty's sent me a plastic engine cover instead of a "cam cover" doh...... more issues to try and sort monday :(

Like the look of the inlet, very nice!

I have an AGN valve cover (the metal one, not the plastic thing!) if you are interested drop me a PM