1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squirming back end on A3 Quattro Sport

Kelph Aug 5, 2013

1. Kelph

Kelph New Member

Since buying my 2005 A3, I've often experienced a back end squirm over uneven roads - sometimes causing the car to move notice ably. I had it checked at a main dealer who said it was fine. The tyres are rubbish (auto grip) and I,ll be changing them v soon. Also I'm about to change the rear shocks. Has anyone else experienced this? It's detracting from an otherwise nice car.

2. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

Change the tyres to a good premium brand and you'll probably see the problem disappear.

3. Kelph

Kelph New Member

Thanks, I'd come to the same conclusion. Think I'll go for Goodyear Asym F1 as they seem to get great reviews.

4. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

Enjoy it :)

5. Zak0123

Zak0123 Active Member

Definitely the tyres! Started to happen even on my 1.6 TDI when the tread was just above the marker..

6. XFi

XFi In need of a V8.

It may be worth getting an alignment done as well?

7. Kelph

Kelph New Member

Actually I picked the car up this afternoon after some work including a rear shock replacement and it felt MUCH better. With a set of decent tyres it should be better still . Thanks all for the replies.