1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

squeky front suspension

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by misledyouth, Aug 15, 2003.

1. misledyouth

misledyouth New Member

i have a crazy squek in my fron passenger side when i go over bumps. Another car at the lot where i bought it from had the same problem. Has any one heard of this or know the fix. Almost sounds like it's coming from the upper control arm, but that is just a guess.

thanks

new audi owner jesse
  2. kurtdaniel

kurtdaniel New Member

I had the same problem. My first guess was a worn out sway bar bushings. But Ive read a few thread about this, and theyre saying that it has something to do with the caliper.
  3. Z82

Z82 Member

I had it on rear when I first bought the car, the previous owner told me it was the anti-roll bar bushes. I got these changed and it made no difference. I had several people look at it with no joy then got my mechanic to put it up a ramp for a good fondle and it turned out to be a broken rear spring.
  4. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

I had a similar thing when I fitted my coilovers, I had replaced ALL of the bushes at the same time.
    turned out to be the shocker, sprayed the shaft with some brake cleaner then some spray lube (Duck Oil) and sorted it straight out,
    probably not that on yours, but you never know and easy enough to try
  5. Lee Goodall

Lee Goodall ..got my head together!

An easy way to find the problem is to systematically WD40/lube each joint/bush then test drive until the noise has gone it'll most probably come back again but you'll know what's causing it.
  6. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Had it on my old 2.8 A4 after have spring fitted turned out to be one of the control arms in the end.
  7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

I have this on my S3, i have changed the ARB bushes and after a few days the noise came back again, someone else has advised it may be the top mounts on the suspension, it only comes from the front, but I havent had a chance to look at the top mounts, do you think it would be worth wd40'ing them???