Squeaky Triangle!

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
My 9 old month S3 has developed a really annoying squeak from the passenger side grab handle/triangle. If I hold it when driving it, it stops, so I think it just needs tightening up (can’t be bothered taking it to the dealer!). Can anyone advise how these are fixed? I take it some bolts are under the gear stick trim and some under the centre conceal? Is this a common issue? Any advice? Any one got an ELSA diagram?

Thanks guys

if you look from the underside of the triangle hole on the grab handle you will see a small hole that goes upwards towards the roof. get an allen key and tighten it up. it also bolts elsewhere but just follow it under the gear gaiter.

OK, cheers. Do you know what size the allen key is? Thanks

Sorry mate i don't. although i needed one of the ball ended allen keys because theres not too much leverage underneath the triangle so be careful not to mark it

I have the same issue in the same place after 9 months! Going to try an allen key tonight!

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers guys, tightened it up (both the one underneath and one under gear trip) and no more squeaks! Thanks!