1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeaky seat!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ImS3ola, Dec 7, 2005.

1. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

My driver seat seems to have developed a really annoying squeak when I put any weight on it. Before I get my oil and grease out, does anyone know where this might be coming from before I start my random application /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  2. imported_mc119856

imported_mc119856 Guest

Mines developed an annoying 'creak', do you know if its possible to remove the cusions easily to get to the springs?
  3. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

I'm not sure whether it's the springs creaking or the mechanism under the seat. I think I need to do some further investigation......
  4. darko

darko Member

mine is always the plastic trim parts to the sides and rear of the lower part of the seat. you can stop it squeaking for a while but not for long....
  5. benk

benk Member

Might be the little spring on the release latch - if you sit in the back seat, tilt the driver seat up and there is a little spring on the lower left, which I think bends over the bottom edge of the seat. I rubbed some of the door hinge grease on this and it got rid of an annoying little "twang" type squeak I had.

Some creaks are due to the springs inside, in particular if you have lumbar adjustment, and I'm not sure how you'd solve them.
  6. marctwo

marctwo Member

Squeeks sometimes come from the runners but the creaking is definately the seat itself. I have this issue all the time. Very annoying!