1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeaky Driver Seat

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Paul_A4_UK, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Paul_A4_UK

Paul_A4_UK Member

[Dec 8, 2013]
    Of all things to get a really annoying noise emanating from I have gone and got one. It is coming from my drivers seat. I'm not really sure about how to tackle curing it. As I go over bumps it makes a really irritating noise. I assume something spring wise is rubbing maybe?

Has anyone else had a squeaky seat issue and found a solution to stopping it? This of course could be the perfect reason to try and source some S4 seats though mine aren't full electrical ones, I have a 2004 S-line 1.8T (190).

This could end up being reason to fit a fruitier exhaust and an induction kit of sorts :sly: Joking aside I really would like to sort this without having to spend loads so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Paul
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 21, 2014]

3. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

[Dec 8, 2013]
    Bucket seats cure this... alright I'm kidding too haha would love RS4 buckets in mine though, best thing I can think is taking the seat out and oiling all screws/holes and the runners, sounds like hard work but it's actually a really simple job.
  4. Paul_A4_UK

Paul_A4_UK Member

[Dec 10, 2013]
    It seems I've found a cure for now. At 6'3 I like my seat low but it appears if I raise the seat a bit then the noise goes?! That'll do for now, just feels like I'm sat too high but I'll put up with it to be shot of that awful squeaking noise.