1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeaky clutch

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by SimonA3T, Nov 11, 2010.

1. SimonA3T

SimonA3T Member

Hey guys,

On my A3, my clutch seem to have developed a slight squeak and minor click sound, any ideas what this could be? It doesn't happen all the time, maybe 2 in 5 times. The car still runs fine, its just buggin me a little, can you shed any light?

Ive tried some DW-40 but doesnt appear to made any difference

2. wibble111

wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

Sounds as if it could be the the start of the clutch pedal snapping, maybe?? Have a search for it, mine started to squeak a bit then about a month after it started doing it it snapped leaving the pedal on the floor with some broken bits of plastic. IIRC was only about £90 fitted at a local indie vag place near me. Quite a common problem aswell.
  3. SimonA3T

SimonA3T Member

Thats interesting, perhaps I should of mentioneded that about 2 months ago, that exact thing happened to my clutch, it snapped and the pedal on the floor. Then I got the bit behind the clutch replaced, and now it has started squeaking..hmmmm.??
  4. wibble111

wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

When you say bit behind the clutch do you mean the clutch cylinder? If the pedal has been replaced then it might not be what i first mentioned, as for the cylinder i couldnt tell you anything regarding this as i have never had any issues with any, hopefully somebody will be along shortly to shed a bit more light on it for you.
  5. SimonA3T

SimonA3T Member

Sorry what I meant was, the bit behind broke off where the clutch cable goes through (I was told this break is common) It was like a white bit of plastic...and they put a new clutch pedal, do you not think it is anythig to worry about?
  6. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member

I second the snapping clutch pedal. Same happened to me sound, click, slight sticking feeling and then clutch pedal snapped