Squeaky Clutch / Vibration

jtb91

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have had a bit of a look through the forums for the problem and it looks like i have a problem with the flywheel... i just wanted to get some peoples opinion or insight on what else the problem could be before shelling out money i don't have on a flywheel.

I own an Audi S3 pre face lift model - 2000.

The squeak occurs when i lift my clutch pedal and when im rolling on the bite, i also feel a vibration on the brake pedal when the car is idle both in gear and neutral.
The squeak has only just started to occur but the vibration has been occurring for a couple of weeks now.
The gears engage fine and there is no slip on the clutch.

Thanks

Hi my clutch pedal has also now begun to stick upon releasing it, i can just about put it in a gear and after releasing the clutch it will stick 3/4 the way up and then bounce up on its own..

I guess this is pointing towards this being the release bearings as stated?

Cheers

Ah brilliant thanks for the quick replys and help.

Ill look at getting a clutch kit the next few days and get it booked in at my local after good old payday, hopefully it should sort out the vibration which my feet feel on the break peddle too.

The vibration on the brake pedals might be something else, but the squeakyness and sticking on the clutch pedal should be realse bearing and a bleeding issue to sort that. Has it ever had a clutch changed?

Off the top of my head i think it had a clutch change around 40000 but ill have to double check that in the book when i have it to hand, cars currently at 98k. Looks incredibly similar to your own audi but sadly not as brilliant condition.

I did mention the vibration to the lad at the garage and he did think immiediatly the flywheel so i might try get both jobs done at the same time.

hi, as vex182 said the clutch kit will sort your squeek and poor clutch operation, does your car have a dual mass flywheel or a standard flywheel? if the garage is a genuine 'quality befor quantity' place they should tell you if the flywheel is duff or not

Hi it's dualmass flywheel and I've had a browse around the forums a slight bit more and others have had clutch issues similar and the problems been caused by slave or master cylinders.. Just an endless assault of clutch problems..