1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeaking brakes...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by mdoyle69, Apr 29, 2004.

1. mdoyle69

mdoyle69 Member

[Apr 29, 2004]
    Hey everyone....

My brakes sqeak when i apply only a small amount of pressure, but when i push them hard they dont.
    I am presuming that this is due to brake dust, but its so friggin annoying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Any one know a solution without replacing the pads?? There is loads left on the pads so they arent worn down or anything, they are the originals, my car has only done 10800 miles so far!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Apr 29, 2004]
    The problem you described sounds like it's the usual brake pad squeal which is due to the pad rattling against the caliper housing. Normally people suggest copper grease on the back of the pad, which is effective, but generally only for the short term. The best product I've used has to be Permatex disc brake quiet. If you carry out a search on the stuff you'll find a supplier close by I would of thought.
  4. mdoyle69

mdoyle69 Member

[Apr 29, 2004]
    Gambba...

Thanks for the info...

That stuff looks easy to use, will probably try it!!

How easy is it to replace the pads?? Any tips or advice anyone?? Any instructions available??

Cheers