1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeaking brakes!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by stevieyid, Mar 10, 2008.

1. stevieyid

stevieyid Member

[Mar 10, 2008]
    My mate has a really bad squealing from his brakes. He hs changed the front and rear discs and pads but still this has got rid of it. The pads were copper slipped everywhere the pad touches the caliper and the edges were filed down but still the squesling. Do the standard audi pads have anything to do with it?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. s3ollie

s3ollie Member

[Mar 10, 2008]
    i had/have this problem with my brakes. was advised by the peeps on here to try BMW grease called plastilube i think. it worked well (better that copper) to begin with but i do get random squeaks here and there getting worse as time goes on and i only did it a few weeks ago.
  4. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

[Mar 10, 2008]
    when I did my discs and pads the pads stuck in place with a sticky pad all over the rear of the brake pad so just copper slipped the edges.

don`t know if yours were the same ????
  5. stevieyid

stevieyid Member

[Mar 10, 2008]
    Ill try the BMW platilube and see if that helps. I was told that the OEM Audi ones do cause squealing on the S3 sometimes, something to do witht he compound. Has anyone else heard this?
  6. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

[Mar 11, 2008]
    Mine squeaked when I had them changed and I was meaning to go back and get the garage to look at them but never bothered. After about a couple of thousand miles it stopped.
  7. spiker

spiker usually growling at something

[Mar 11, 2008]
    Stupidly my local mot garage offered to replace my front pads and discs - what a pain - 6 weeks on still squealing and after 3 return visits i have given up

Next time will buy the parts myself and take them to a different garage to be fitted

Incidentally - If I remove the wheels which parts do i grease ?
  8. dan_a3

dan_a3 Member

[Mar 12, 2008]
    Some pads just squeak, nothing you can do. If you want to copaslip them, copaslip the back of pad and the ears at either end that slide in and out of the caliper.
  9. s3_tny

s3_tny Member

[Mar 12, 2008]
    I also get this on my rear brakes and are all genuine audi parts but sometimes they even squel slightly

while just driving and not even pushing the brakes,

but everytime i take them off and grease them then they're ok for a few weeks then it all starts again

so recently changed them for some bosch ones and were fine for about 8 weeks but now starting to come back

so i'm baffled what to try next GRRRRRRR!