Squeak/Rattle

MAD4J

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have recently purchased a 2008 S5, and there's an annoying squeak /rattle coming from the front left side and also a strange squeak when turning wheel to the left.

I've had the wheel off and can't see anything obvious.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Jamie..

The A5 series suffer from a lot of squeeks typically in the cabin. Are you sure its not coming from inside?

Normal squeeks are the plastic trim in and around the vents, mmi and speed/rev. Can stuff small cotton pieces there to even it out.

Also rear pillars squeek sometimes.

Hi AJ91, thank you for the reply, it's definitely coming from the outside as it's much louder with windows down, much more noticeable when driving slowly and going over small bumps in the road, could be the anti roll bar/bushes I suppose..

Thankfully inside is not too noisy (yet)..

Cheers,

Jamie.

Hi, I jacked the front up tonight and removed the left front wheel and then got my son to turn the steering wheel back and forth as this makes the squeaking noise, the strange thing is that if I squeeze the brake disc and he turns the steering wheel it stops and as soon as I let go it starts again!! I just can't work out what's causing it..

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers.

If I press up and down on the passenger wing I hear the squeak so it's suspension related.. Going to book into local garage to get it looked at..