Squashed insect removal

Fenriz

Reaction score
Hey guys

I've got a question for you, I've done a 400 mile round trip to Stirling for the weekend, so you can imagine the amount of dead insects splattered on the front of the car. What I'd like to know is do you use anything to loosen them before washing or would just a good soak in snow foam be enough to remove them before a proper wash.

Could you list any products you use if any.

Thanks for any advice

A good soak in snow foam usually works a treat and use your detailing brush to get down in between the hairline gaps in the grill and lights to get at those suckers that have wedged themselves in there.....lol

I attack mine with a pre-spray of Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash or Optimum No Rinse, leave for a few mins and pressure wash off. I'm sure snow foam would do fine too.

Once clean, I've also been applying sealant to the front of the car in an attempt to make it slicker.

Poorboys Bug Squash is good stuff, pretty cheap too.. It will strip poor waxes / sealants after a few goes but if you use good stuff and top it up now and then you'll be alright :)

Thanks for all the input, I'll try a snow foam soak, if not I'll invest in something specific.