SQ5 SQ5 air suspension

Paddyh747

Reaction score
speccing up an sq5 and wondering if anyone has the air suspension and is it worth getting. Car will be used to tow a caravan every now and then.
Cheers

I didn't bother as I liked the ride on springs. The garage also advised with my driving style, springs would be better suited with my driving style. I've got a few cars with suspension upgrades and I generally have them setup hard. The US reviews suggest the air suspension setup on the SQ5 is ok.

It’s more for if there’s any real benefit of it for towing. I would be a fast driver so the softer air may not suit that. Saying that the sq5 is for my wife I have a B9 S4 in the drive as well.

If my wife was the primary user I would have spec'd air. She'd stick it in comfort and be done with it.

Yeah my wife would be the same. Just don’t know if it’s worth an extra grand.

I spec’d my SQ5 with air suspension for when the wife/parents are in the car and need it to waft along. Added benefit I can see is lower than springs ride in dynamic without any mods...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Being lower is one plus side of the air just for looks.
To be honest I don't think I'm going to bother with the air and just stick with springs i would rather add the light and vision pack instead.

I spec’d my SQ5 with air suspension for when the wife/parents are in the car and need it to waft along. Added benefit I can see is lower than springs ride in dynamic without any mods...

All good, based on budget put your options in order of priority. L&V was up there on my list with driver seat memory, storage pack, spare wheel and rear side airbags.

Interested in what kind of discount you secure given the new year price increase...

I have a price in my head of £47500 that I want to get to so I think I'm going to drop the air, rear view camera as I've been gave an A5 with it for a couple days and don't even use it, maybe drop L&V but get virtual cockpit. My S4 doesn't have it and again that A5 im in has it and to be totally honest I don't feel I would be losing out on anything.
Colour, 21" , towbar are a must for me. Will be speaking to the broker again tomorrow and see how close I can get to my goal figure.

If you care about resale appeal VC & RV camera are essential on a prestige car like this...

These options didn’t bother me on the S4 as it was a lease and I can reverse lol.
But the SQ5 I will be buying so need to take resale into account. I like to change every 2-3 years, well I would change every 6 months if I could . If I time it right and change both cars every two years I can make it a yearly thing.

I dont have the rear view camera as I have sensors, never had one before (except in the multitude of demos my son in law brings home!) and dont miss it.

Do have VC (it lifts the inside and its a bit of an Audi thing...) and the L&V as well as B&O, Pano roof and 21s, and a flat bottomed wheel.

5k miles in and wouldnt change it - definitely dont miss air (didnt try it on an SQ5 but did on a Macan GTS and didnt warm to it..)

The spec I’ve settled on. Well almost.
Daytona or Manhattan grey
Red leather
21’s
VC or L&V
Towbar
Camera

I’m happy with standard sounds in the S4 and don’t like pano roof hate it feeling so open.

There do seem to be some good discounts available on the SQ5 these days - somewhat annoying as i got 5% off mine.

B&O is well worth it, couldn't have a car without it these days - well worth the money.
Def VC - its an essential and should be standard in this price bracket IMO.
Also could be without Matrix LEDs, but thats an expensive option....

I’ve had a slight change of direction. This we are going to get a 2-3 year old Range Rover sport autobiography.
Don’t all fall out with me I still have my B9 S4.

RR Sport has a style to it, interested in how you rate the tech in the RR vs. your S4?