1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPY PHOTOS: Audi TT RS

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by james0808, Jan 20, 2008.

1. james0808

james0808 Active Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Shades

Shades Member

Funny looking posed "Spy" photo's... with it parked outside a Jaquar dealership! lol

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Sounds like a good spec, but I reckon dropping this engine into an A3 Sportback or hatch, and sell it as an RS3 would make it sell like hotcakes.

5. C_Audiboy

C_Audiboy Vroom Vroom

Those pics don't look very 'RS' to me.

But if the engine and the figures are correct, I'll definetely be interested!

6. Clog

Clog Guest

Sorry this doesn't look genuine. The wheels are current option 19in 7 spoke (RS4's) but the rest looks like American Market 3.2 Quattro (S line spec which we don't have in UK).. (The 3.2 Q is the best Audi TT for handling and performance so far I think, athough TBF the 2.0TFsi FWD is pretty good and knocks spots off most of the opposition at the price). Red is not a good colour TT though, what TT have you got James?

7. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I've gotta say I'm sceptical about the images matching the story too. I guess if there was testing being done of a TT-RS/RS-TT it's possible that it might happen with a new engine/running-gear in a more 'standard' body, and not something more in keeping with the 'pumped-up' RS style; but for 'spy' shots they look pretty staged, and whoever's been charged with keeping it under-wraps is doing a really poor job.

It looks to me more like someone who works at a Jaguar dealership has decided he doesn't fancy the company car, wanted something different and felt like taking some snaps of his new ride for his buds on a TT forum!

That said though, if the text that goes with the pics has some truth in it, I like the sound of the spec! It'd be nice to see a (partial) return to five-pot given how legendary the 2.2L 5-cylinder Turbo is! Agree with jojo too - it'd make a great RS3 too!

Regards,

Rob.

8. james0808

james0808 Active Member

Are you kidding,im not an hairdresser.:nyah:

9. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:

10. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

As others said it doesn't look very RS to me, the TT-S looks a lot nicer.

J.

11. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

Exhaust and brakes would suggest something more potent underneith the s-line exterior.
    If it's a test bed they will run it in a more conventional looking form anyway and save the final look for a show - geneva maybe?

12. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore