Sprint Booster???

Heard of them.

Good product so long as you feel your car has a DBW throttle lag.

I personally don't feel my S4 does and driving on part throttle in peak boost is already an art.

However some cars have really bad DBW throttlel ag - pretty much any modern Mercedes for instance. I wanted a device like this when I have one but they were not around, if they had I would have jumped at it. The Mercedes forums rave over them.

ehe, might seem newb but i also have no idea if im DBW or not :|
pre-facelift b5.
wonder, reading some places in aussie (ie: APR) wont chip a 1.8T audi motor pre-facelift... in 97 did all a4's get an ecu upgrade or something? :(

Z82 you are not DBW but NDBW so no good to you and that also goes the same for Fermented as you both have a cable attached the throttlel.

As doc sais above your cars are too old to have DBW :)

Ahh right ok didnt realise it was a case of cable or no cable, cheers guys, looks like the only engine mod my car will see will be a K&N Panel filter till I can afford my S4 (I wish)

Z82 said:
Ahh right ok didnt realise it was a case of cable or no cable, cheers guys, looks like the only engine mod my car will see will be a K&N Panel filter till I can afford my S4 (I wish)

You can chip your cars, you may just have to order a chip for your ECU's and have it fitted by a Pro or better still ....

Every car (apart from some very new ones) can be 'chipped' by soldering/socketing new chips onto the ECU, this is the way all remapping used to happen.

Fitting 'socket/s' for the chips in your ECU is very worthwhile, as if you do not like your 'remap', you can just put the original chip/s back into your new socket, or swap chips or flash new maps (depending on chip type).

The later type ECU's have flashable chips, and can also use the less invasive OBD flashing, or serial write without any soldering.

For a 97 'AFN' engine, if you remove the black plastic cover for the ECU, and the metal ECU body looks like this (probably all silver on an AUDI, not black):

You 'most likely' have a board mounted MAP sensor with a tube going to it, and 2 'plcc32' chips like this (bit out of focus/dodgy phone macro):

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 101KB.

If so, simply use a good 'micro-electronic engineer' / microsoldering service to install the plcc32 sockets (mine cost £20):

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x480 and weights 144KB.

If you want to solder in the sockets yourself, this link explains how. They do not really need 'Hot air' soldering, and can be done by a competent hobbyist, but it is too fine for my soldering 'ability'.

http://www.elecauto.com/plcc.htm

If you have the later type ECU body (with remote MAP sensor), like this:

You can use the less invasive non-soldering type remap, or if you wish install sockets (if none are present).

Yeah I was thinking, remap (theres a local guy that will do mine for £175) & exhaust but if Im selling the car early next year theres no real point so I'll prob just get a panel filter at next service (soon) and leave the rest for my next A4