Springs H&R vs ST

R222cet

Reaction score
Was literally just about to order a set of H&R Springs for my S3 as it seems to be the obvious choice without spending loads or going for coilies but came across the ST ones 30/20 drop and looking at the car it seems it needs lowering more at the front. Anybody run them or have any advice would be appreciated

I have h&r 25mm drop and it looks great but a 30 front and 20 rear drop would be perfect I think. The h&r still sits lower at the back than the front. It's only slight though but the 30/20 would be bang on in my opinion. Either way whatever you choose will look far better than standard !!!
4481777d05148e588ddc1c3c913a503a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I'm thinking but it seems not many people run the ST setup and go with the H&R just trying to find out why.

I think I'm going to go for the H&R just another quick question I'm planning on springs first then shocks in a couple of month. What's the best combination bilstein with H&R ?

I'm only on springs myself at the moment but I plan on putting bilstein shocks on at a later date.

I'd say the ST springs offer a little more comfort compared to the H&R springs.

The best dampers to go with the H&R springs if you do go for them are by far the Bilstein B8.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: jamiepaton5
Cheers Damian so the H&R offer a little more performance ? And what dampers are best suited for the ST setup would it be the bilstein b8 again

I have h&r 25mm drop and it looks great but a 30 front and 20 rear drop would be perfect I think. The h&r still sits lower at the back than the front. It's only slight though but the 30/20 would be bang on in my opinion. Either way whatever you choose will look far better than standard !!!
4481777d05148e588ddc1c3c913a503a.jpg

Do you have a side on close up photo of the arch? I just purchased some H&R 35mm (need to get them fitted), but Im interested to see how it fits, i know S-Line is fairly low anyways, but I was under the impression lowering by 35mm would probably make it sit a bit like an S3....

I got mine fitted yesterday, I got 30mm drop on both back and front, but I honestly cant see much of a difference. Are those 18"?

Ive got st coilovers on mine and i think they are spot on