1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Springs Decissions

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by CaTFiSH, Dec 29, 2003.

1. CaTFiSH

CaTFiSH Member

[Dec 29, 2003]
    i decided to buy Eibach springs, but i read that they tend to bounce. I also read that H&R give better results than Eibach. What should i do? Is possible to fit regulable shocks in the future with this springs┬┐
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. V1RDE

V1RDE New Member

[Jan 2, 2004]
    Ive used H&R 50mm springs, and I have to say the ride is hard but thats probably down to the 18" alloys and OEM shocks. Once I get the Billies on should go like its on rails /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Excellent springs though.
  4. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Jan 2, 2004]
    Can't say that there is any bounce on my Eibachs, they are firm, but comfortable. Can't remember what rims you're running Catfish, but when I was on the 16's the give transfered from the springs to the tyres, making it very important to have the tyres at the highest possible pressure, otherwise all the good the springs made was lost through the roll in the tyres. With 17's at 36ish psi the ride is extremely good and trying to get the tyres to squeal is very hard, proving that the combination of 17's and Eibachs is perfect......well almost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  5. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Jan 5, 2004]
    Catfish, I fitted the Eibach springs only to my 2003 S3 at the weekend. I was a little concerned as i had previously fitted the H&R's and Quattro springs both of which I found gave too much 'bounce' at the front end. The Eibachs are really good and in my humble opinion better than the aforementioned. Get then fitted, you won't regret it.
  6. JayBeeS3

JayBeeS3 Member

[Jan 5, 2004]
    Nick,

What is the serialnumber (or -numbers for front and back) of the Eibach springs you fitted? (and whats the price?)

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  7. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Jan 5, 2004]
    jaybees3, I'll have a look tonight and post again.
  8. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 5, 2004]
    Arvo, whats the costs on this sort of job?