Springs Decissions

CaTFiSH

Reaction score
i decided to buy Eibach springs, but i read that they tend to bounce. I also read that H&R give better results than Eibach. What should i do? Is possible to fit regulable shocks in the future with this springs¿

Ive used H&R 50mm springs, and I have to say the ride is hard but thats probably down to the 18" alloys and OEM shocks. Once I get the Billies on should go like its on rails /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Excellent springs though.

Can't say that there is any bounce on my Eibachs, they are firm, but comfortable. Can't remember what rims you're running Catfish, but when I was on the 16's the give transfered from the springs to the tyres, making it very important to have the tyres at the highest possible pressure, otherwise all the good the springs made was lost through the roll in the tyres. With 17's at 36ish psi the ride is extremely good and trying to get the tyres to squeal is very hard, proving that the combination of 17's and Eibachs is perfect......well almost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Catfish, I fitted the Eibach springs only to my 2003 S3 at the weekend. I was a little concerned as i had previously fitted the H&R's and Quattro springs both of which I found gave too much 'bounce' at the front end. The Eibachs are really good and in my humble opinion better than the aforementioned. Get then fitted, you won't regret it.

Nick,

What is the serialnumber (or -numbers for front and back) of the Eibach springs you fitted? (and whats the price?)

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

jaybees3, I'll have a look tonight and post again.