1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring suggestions

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Mutinyno9, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

I'm looking at getting some lowering springs to go with the S4 struts, any suggestions? I have been looking into H&R race and sports springs and also Vogtland.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. cyuen

cyuen Member

H&R any given day
    u should look into shocks as well, go for the sport springs

race springs will kill ur shocks even quicker

4. Markey

Markey Active Member

H&R hands doen mate, i would reccomend Koni shocks as well.
    As all Konis are hard and slof adjustable...

5. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

Anybody know of any good sites i could check out for the Springs and koni struts?

6. ImolaS4

ImolaS4 Member

7. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

Thanks for the sites. One last question would it be ok if i were to use H&R sport springs on S4 struts or would it be better to just go with H&R sport/race springs with Bilstein shocks?

8. ImolaS4

ImolaS4 Member

The H&R setup is always good because they were matched up through proper engineering.
    But the S4 shocks with the H&R springs isn't bad either - it's more a question of budget and what it feels like on the road to you. Ride is very subjective. You can find a bunch of people who will rave about either setup, but you have to be happy with the ride that feels right to you.
    Try to get a ride in both setups and see for yourself.

9. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

Thats what i was going to do. I was going to buy the Sport springs and put them on the S4 struts and see how that goes. Then later buy some Bilstein(or Koni) shocks and use the same H&R springs and see how that goes, and whichever works out better IMO i will keep and sell the other. Eventually, i am going to move over to some Coilover,but lack $$ to do so.

10. ImolaS4

ImolaS4 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Audi_A4_Quattro said:
    Thats what i was going to do. I was going to buy the Sport springs and put them on the S4 struts and see how that goes. Then later buy some Bilstein(or Koni) shocks and use the same H&R springs and see how that goes, and whichever works out better IMO i will keep and sell the other. Eventually, i am going to move over to some Coilover,but lack $$ to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good plan - go with it.

11. Markey

Markey Active Member

S4 shocks will always feel a little bouncier on the front as they are designed to hold a v6 twin t engin off the ground not the less heavy 1.8T.

12. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

What would be better shocks to get Koni or Bilstein. Markey you said that ll Koni are self adj. What would you say about the grooved Bilstein?

13. Markey

Markey Active Member

Not sure i have heard that Bilstein can be very stiff.
    Dependant on what ones you get i do not know there range very well. I think that they are more expensive than the konis as well.