Spring rating colour codes

I

imported_rustys3

Hi folks,
while I was checking my brakes today I have noticed that I have a broken rear spring on my S3.
I checked on ETKA and it says that the spring for an S3 (1J0 511 115 BM) should have 5 blue paint marks on it but the springs on my car have 5 pink paint marks on it.
When I contacted my local dealer they asked me for the colour coding of the spring but they said they only have ones with 5 voilet paint marks.

Can anyone tell me if there is a colour coding chart for spring ratings.

Could anyone also suggest where I could get replacement rear springs to suit the car.

Cheers
Rusty

Hi Rusty,

you may wish to consider replacing all 4 (FOUR) springs with some aftermarket ones. The standard A3/S3/TT ones have a habit of breaking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I had one of my front springs go and have opted to replace all of them with Eibach's. Given the cost & hassle of having springs changed and the tracking checked, it makes sense to replace the lot in one go - I don't fancy having one of the standard Audi springs fail on a wet & windy winters night on a busy motorway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=329650&an=0&page=0#329650

Cheers,

Mark.

P.S. nice choice of colour for your S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif