1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spraying Front single grill and chrome surround?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Seaneylad, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Seaneylad

Seaneylad Member

[Sep 14, 2010]
    Do i buy a new grille and surround on ebay already black setting me back 100+. or do i spray it?

ive sprayed other parts on my old fiesta, grills etc, and they turned out ok, i know alot of people say they chip easy, i had no problems on my zetec s fiesta. are the audi grills and chrome surround just as easy? or is it more likely to chip, all advice is helpful. thanks sean
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. jimmy77

jimmy77 Member

[Sep 14, 2010]
    you will prob find that the ford stuff is cheaper stuff and will key and paint much easyer! i cleaned my front grill with fine wire wool and it came up mint, chrome is hard stuff and you wont get a good key to it so thats why it might chip and flake off! you could etch prime it first and that might help!!
  4. Seaneylad

Seaneylad Member

[Sep 15, 2010]
    hmm yes the ford stuff was cheaper, and i can see what you mean it proberly keyed alot better, turned out well though.
    i might do do a little overtime or save for a few weeks, and buy on the net, get one for around 100-120 then atleast when i sell the motor i can swap to all orignal parts and flog the rest on cheap, il have a lot later, as the grill is a smooth texture, unlikes fords
  5. chrissy1502002

chrissy1502002 Member

[Sep 15, 2010]
    I have had my S-Line grill sprayed gloss black and kept the chrome surround. It was done by a good bodyshop in Portsmouth, and so far i have not had any chips on it.