Spray or wrap?

Sunny 317

Reaction score
I was looking to get my front grill surround sprayed or wrapped black and was wondering if any of you guys know any decent places near Heathrow? Would be much appreciated! Cheers.

I've sprayed mine
794cf2f0273417b5ad554060f934ae64.jpg

Can't powder coat plastic unfortunately. But paint doesn't last forever either unfortunately. If someone does a good enough job of preparing it then it should last.
Wrapping it would probably last longer. Or you could just buy one in black, they tend to last longer

preparation is the key to spraying anything, I sprayed the grille on my passat and its still the same colour now and that was 2 yrs ago

I high build primed mine, flatted it all down, colour it and then 2k lacquered it. That was 3 years ago,. Aerosol looks good while its wet, but doesn't hold up to any uv Rays. Guess that's the Beauty of being a paint sprayer for the last 15 years.
Platidip is quite good to be fair. More of a rubbery finish to it, less chance of chipping as above.

Also depends on how close you sit to other drivers on the motorway etc. The previous owner of mine must have been a keen tailgater, I ended respraying the full front end and replacing the lenses on the headlights, as they were pretty much shot blasted. Just bare that in mind when painting over chrome.