spray front rings black?!!

Cjons31986

Reaction score
hi m new to the site and was after help in takin the front rings off the grill on my 2007 ibis white s3!
Is it glued on like the rear 1s or does the grill have to come off???:sadlike:
i couldn't find a old thread so i thought id ask cheers!

grill has to come off lad, as it clipped in

I got a set of gloss black rings from eBay mate about £10 they are nice and if you get a set you will see that they have about 6 little plastic lugs that press into the grill they say you can get them off but you often snap off a lug or two but that won't matter if you have the new rings to fit eh

I got mine off with a small screwdriver without taking the grill off. Just prise it very carefully. Then get some black ones from the bay rather than spraying as sprayed ones chip.

I got mine off with a small screwdriver without taking the grill off. Just prise it very carefully. Then get some black ones from the bay rather than spraying as sprayed ones chip.
they do chip mate and the gloss plastic Finnish on eBay rings is a good

Just get some tools with angled hooks on end to get to the clips behind, but as said, the clips do tend to snap of easily tbh under pressure, hit & miss, but older they are, I would say the more prone to breakages they are.

I'm not 100% sure about the black rings was thinking about it and taking the rings off the back and just leaving the S3 badge there are there any photos of black rings and the rear ones removed?

"spray front rings black?!!"

untitle.JPG

White rings for a white car is the way forward. :unsure:

I'm not 100% sure about the black rings was thinking about it and taking the rings off the back and just leaving the S3 badge there are there any photos of black rings and the rear ones removed?
mine has black front rings and also audi rings on tailgate removed if you check my pics theres a thread somewhere.

cheers lads just ordered a set of gloss black rings off eBay! be a better job in the end!:happy:

Sorry for the bump, but I'm toying with the idea of buying the matte black replacement rings off eBay and spraying them a gun metal grey type colour to tie in with my alloys.... But I don't want it to chip. If it took it to a body shop to spray, would the paint be more hardy that a DIY job from an aerosol can?