Spotify - Track Info on MMI over Bluetooth? (Android)

voyto

Reaction score
Hi All,

Very sorry if this has already been covered - I did try searching but couldn't find anything.

I've recently got myself a '13 A6 S-Line (All standard other than a couple of non-tech related options)

I've been listening to Spotify on my Android phone over the bluetooth connection. I can skip tracks using the car which is great, but I can't see any information about what I'm playing on the screen. It just displays a message about the car being connected to the phone.

Is there any way this can be enabled?

MMI Software Version: RMC_EU_P12321
Bluetooth Software Version: 3.24.9

Thanks in advance. :)

Sounds like a good plan, I'll confirm if this works with he latest software - I'm in the process of getting mine fully upgraded.

Thanks.

I had read in a few places that using a native app (like Goole Play Music) first would make the metadata kick in, but that doesn't seem to work either.

just to be clear, I can't see the whole Spotify play list, just the details on the currently playing song: Song, Artist and Album info. If I skip track, the next track's info comes up.

software version:
2016 04 03 204504
result:
2016 04 17 094914
and
2016 04 17 094929

The only bit of the whole setup that might be different is that mine is running in Carphone mode.

I'm on an old Galaxy S4, but I'm running Cyanogenmod13 OS (AOSP based Marshmallow 6.0.1).

Samsung supports the carphone (SAP/RSAP Bluetooth mode) as stock, but to get that to work properly on CM13, I had to install "Android RSAP" software and "BTPB" (Bluetooth Phonebook) software from the same developer... as part of the install on that, you have to install "new" (old) Bluetooth drivers using the paired "SIM access Installer" software - only issue is that you need root access to run that installer.

Software all on PLAY, plus some info on which phones are supported on the "Android-RSAP" website.

I'm getting problems with music not even playing at all over Bluetooth despite being connected and track info displaying on the MMI screen... Just a strange noise but no music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting problems with music not even playing at all over Bluetooth despite being connected and track info displaying on the MMI screen... Just a strange noise but no music

First thing to try is to delete the bluetooth pairing from your phone and car, and set up the bluetooth connection from scratch.
This will fix 95% of all phone/bluetooth related issues.

Reactions: GRE57Y
Another issue cropped up today on my drive home- the MMI part-froze when trying to answer a call! Then wouldn't leave the menu of 'Answer' or 'Ignore' and the Media wouldn't resume playing...!