Sports cat + standard exaust question?

sandwich1987

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently getting my car custom will having a xspower manifold downpipe sports cat and the rest of the exhaust standard affect the level of power acheivable significantly over a decat and milltek??
current mods are hybrid stage 4 turbo, xspower Manu downpipe and sports cat, welly cooler, forged rods, b5 tip, and 007p an a few other small bits. I was hoping to achieve around 300 but not chasing it just want to know if the current setup will hinder this goal?

Thanks

The OEM back box is quite restrictive as power rises... I did run mine for a very short while when I first went big turbo and the EGT's were insanely high.... (was over 350hp at the time)

Keep an eye EGT's during mapping if you haven't got the budget for a Miltek or a custom cat back... sports cat should be fine, its the back box thats the next restriction in the chain....

<tuffty/>

I'm hoping to get a milltek when it comes back, i had booked the mapping already when I spotted a potential but lol it's just they've phoned up and said the sports cat and standard oem exhaust may reduce the power I'll get, wish I had initially fitted a decat it was just to avoid mot issues :(