1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportec Mono 10 on S3?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by cyuen, May 19, 2004.

  1. cyuen
    Offline

    cyuen Member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2003
    Messages:
    200
    Likes Received:
    0
    Anyone done this?

    Would you give me thumbs up for doing 18" Mono 10 on the S3?
    #1
  2. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    What colour is your S3? I think anthracite Sportecs on a blacked out S3 looks awesome! im talking removal of all chrome bits! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
    #2
  3. Grant
    Offline

    Grant Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2003
    Messages:
    1,139
    Likes Received:
    43
    The Sportec Monos look the dogs danglies if you can afford to buy them! £1150 for wheels only for 18"... ouch!

    Someone on this site with a yellow S3 bought 19" Monos and they did look rather sweet!
    #3
  4. Grant
    Offline

    Grant Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2003
    Messages:
    1,139
    Likes Received:
    43
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    What colour is your S3? I think anthracite Sportecs on a blacked out S3 looks awesome! im talking removal of all chrome bits! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]
    De-chroming... how dare you!

    Chrome all the way baby! Bling bling and all that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    #4
  5. noodle
    Offline

    noodle Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2003
    Messages:
    232
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    What colour is your S3? I think anthracite Sportecs on a blacked out S3 looks awesome! im talking removal of all chrome bits! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]
    De-chroming... how dare you!

    Chrome all the way baby! Bling bling and all that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Agreed. Black and Chrome looks the binis'
    Respec' the bling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    #5
  6. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    F*** the bling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Aggression is the way to go.. and all this girly chrome stuff is not very aggressive now is it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
    #6
  7. noodle
    Offline

    noodle Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2003
    Messages:
    232
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    F*** the bling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Aggression is the way to go.. and all this girly chrome stuff is not very aggressive now is it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    say's the gentleman with a silver (chrome) coloured car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    hee, hee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

    god i'm bored this afternoon..... is it time to go sit in the garden yet with me pipe 'n slippers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    #7
  8. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    noodle said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    F*** the bling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Aggression is the way to go.. and all this girly chrome stuff is not very aggressive now is it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    say's the gentleman with a silver (chrome) coloured car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    hee, hee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

    god i'm bored this afternoon..... is it time to go sit in the garden yet with me pipe 'n slippers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Hey, silver isnt chrome!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif brushed would be nicer than chrome...

    Anyway back on topic>
    #8
  9. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    noodle said:
    god i'm bored this afternoon..... is it time to go sit in the garden yet with me pipe 'n slippers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    [offtopic] I know that feeling! One of those days! [/offtopic]
    #9
  10. cyuen
    Offline

    cyuen Member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2003
    Messages:
    200
    Likes Received:
    0
    so it is anthracite Mono 10
    yeh i always liked them

    any chance of a pic with the 19" mono 10?
    #10
  11. cyuen
    Offline

    cyuen Member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2003
    Messages:
    200
    Likes Received:
    0
    there is somethin with sportec wheels
    they suit 99.9% cars, they are a master piece

    the price of wheels in NZ is nuts anyway making the 18" Mono 10 seem worthwhile (not cheap but worthwhile for me to buy one)

    plus NONE in the country!!!
    #11
  12. halegavin
    Offline

    halegavin Member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2003
    Messages:
    86
    Likes Received:
    0
    I was stroking them on the AMD stand at GTI Internation... The boys were trying very hard to sell them to me. Soon I hope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    #12
  13. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    ummmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
    #13
  14. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
    #14
  15. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    Cheers Caractere!! Thats the S**t im talking 'bout! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

    See! No chrome!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    #15
  16. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    no probs dude!!..without a doubt it rocks!!...but a little chrome doesnt hurt!

    a few more to wet the appetite!
    #16
  17. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
    #17
  18. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    caractere 007 said:
    but a little chrome doesnt hurt!



    [/ QUOTE ]

    I'll allow a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    #18
  19. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    and one of my all time s3 fave pic!
    #19
  20. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    caractere 007 said:
    but a little chrome doesnt hurt!



    [/ QUOTE ]

    I'll allow a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    why thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    #20
  21. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    Where'd you get the pics from? been looking for the big pics for ages!
    #21
  22. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    one more!
    #22
  23. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    Where'd you get the pics from? been looking for the big pics for ages!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    i think im mini drill!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif...aka internet surf whore!...found these a while back when i used to visit the wierd and wonderfull world of audiworld.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    #23
  24. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    Oh i remember that place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif havent been there in a while
    #24
  25. CARACTERE007
    Offline

    CARACTERE007 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    0
    yeah same here...not been there in yonks, but its got some good things there..if you can find it!
    #25
  26. cyuen
    Offline

    cyuen Member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2003
    Messages:
    200
    Likes Received:
    0
    temptation

    Anthracite it is then.
    #26
  27. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    MTM Bimoto's

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Welcome back Rich... only half an hour late! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

    Is Kim Collins the exclusive UK supplier of MTM wheels?

    [/ QUOTE ]


    hahaha.. im well observant tonight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    #27
  28. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    MTM Bimoto's

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Welcome back Rich... only half an hour late! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

    Is Kim Collins the exclusive UK supplier of MTM wheels?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    yes,

    but you can already get replicas from rochford. Called 007's
    #28
  29. Mike.M
    Offline

    Mike.M Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2003
    Messages:
    1,641
    Likes Received:
    63
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    That's the baby's! I want them! Any idea on where you can get them and at what price?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I have got a set of replica 17" in this exact design I am selling if any one is interested.

    Weeks worth of use due to insurance not allowing mods.
    #29
  30. Grant
    Offline

    Grant Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2003
    Messages:
    1,139
    Likes Received:
    43
    Mike

    When I do come to change my alloys, I'd be looking for 18" or 19".
    #30
  31. Mike.M
    Offline

    Mike.M Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2003
    Messages:
    1,641
    Likes Received:
    63
    No probs

    Just asked as I need to move them on and out the garage.
    #31
  32. Grant
    Offline

    Grant Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2003
    Messages:
    1,139
    Likes Received:
    43
    Stick them on Ebay. They should shift no probs seeing as though the original MTM Bimoto's are £300 per wheel!

    And they will fit a VW as well as ann Audi! You'll sell them not probs mate!
    #32
  33. Grant
    Offline

    Grant Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2003
    Messages:
    1,139
    Likes Received:
    43

Share This Page