1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportec A3 or S3?

ebraunschweiler May 2, 2006

1. ebraunschweiler

ebraunschweiler New Member

Hello everyone,

I need a car to bring back to the U.S. from Europe this summer for my last year of studies in the U.S. I have the option of going for a two door or sportback A3 2.0T Quattro with Sportec Stage 3 (300hp), 30mm lowering, Sportec front brake kit and short throw shifter. I have no doubt that this will be a fun ride! Anyway, I hear that the S3 is going to be available in fall and I was just wondering if anyone knows if it will be lighter, wider or have any major differences from the current A3 2.0T? I know hp should be around 270. Anyway, both the A3 from Sportec and the S3 should be around the same price and I want to make sure I choose the better performing car. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

Why would you take a car to the us, why not just get a mustang etc?

As there arn't any details of the S3 yet that'll be a tricky one to call as the old S3 had wider track, different suspension (slightly), wider body, stronger engine, better cooling... I could go one but I guess it depends on exactly what the sportec stage three is!