Sportback with -50mm H & R

Millduu

Reaction score
Just got the springs fitted and settled in.Looks right now.Just waiting for the bodyshop witht the bumper.:icon_thumright:

Allsorts053.jpg

Allsorts052.jpg

Stunning mate! The best colour too....:icon_thumright:

Looks great! I love the way a lowered sportback looks.

What are the specs on wheels and tyres? Any rubbing?

Looks good but I'm in two minds about whether the back is fractionally too low or not :)

I think I'm right in saying that standard S-Lines are 27mm lower than the base models, is this another 50mm lower on top of that or another 23mm to make 50mm in total? How's it affected the ride quality as the S-Line wasn't exactly supple to start with? :)

Vertigo1 said:
Looks good but I'm in two minds about whether the back is fractionally too low or not :)

I think I'm right in saying that standard S-Lines are 27mm lower than the base models, is this another 50mm lower on top of that or another 23mm to make 50mm in total? How's it affected the ride quality as the S-Line wasn't exactly supple to start with? :)

I think the s-line's are 25mm lower than standard. Sport is 15mm lower.

His springs are therefore about 25 mm lower than s-line i would guess.

I really think the s-line's are good to drive on, but they are ofcourse not low enough. :blackrs4:

Thanks for the replies.Yes they are 50mm lowered from a standard car.
The ride is a bit more harsh than the standard,doesn't help with 19's either.
But its more than bareable.
The bumper is a new S3 one,just waiting for the bodyshop to get the colour chips through so we can get a good match.The grille has just come from audi,it's been on back order for 3 wks.
Will post pics up as soon as it goes on.:cool:

I take it the S3 front bumpers fit then?

On the previous A3/S3 the wings were slightly different and the bumpers needed a little fettling to fit.

The new S3 also has the wider arches so I thought that this would be the same. Nothing that a good bodyshop shouldnt be able to resolve though.

Post up some pics when you got it all done.

The S3 has wider arches? I thought all the bodywork was identical to the rest of the range?

looks really nice. I'd be tempted to add a light tint to the front windows

Millduu said:
Thanks for the replies.Yes they are 50mm lowered from a standard car.
The ride is a bit more harsh than the standard,doesn't help with 19's either.
But its more than bareable.
The bumper is a new S3 one,just waiting for the bodyshop to get the colour chips through so we can get a good match.The grille has just come from audi,it's been on back order for 3 wks.
Will post pics up as soon as it goes on.:cool:

Is there any rubbing issues on your sportback with H&R and 19" rs4 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo1
The S3 has wider arches? I thought all the bodywork was identical to the rest of the range?

it is

Ok - I stand corrected. I thought they had the wider arches like on the older model.

No,if you read some of my previous posts,mine are et45 with 4mm machined off the seating face giving 49mm offset.I have 225/35/19 conti sport contact 3's fitted.They tuck in easier than 235's.