1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportback - Spolier & rear window?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cosmicblue, Dec 6, 2005.

1. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

Having a Sportback without the rear spoiler I'm curious to know if the roof spoiler serves to keep the rear window clear of road spray?

Does it?

Thoughts appreciated

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

I doubt it seeing as the dirt comes up from the road not down from the sky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I doubt it seeing as the dirt comes up from the road not down from the sky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, now!

The dirt is effectively sucked onto the back window by the air rushing back to fill the hole that the car makes as it moves forward.

The effect of a spoiler can (if designed to do so) be to force the suction point further back from the rear of the car - so that the window stays relatively clean.

5. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

I notice no differance and only see the dirt on the sides of the car.

6. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

My post was intended to be humerous.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. The effect of a spoiler can (if designed to do so) be to force the suction point further back from the rear of the car

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it possible to get a spoiler that ensures that your rear registration plate is always covered in muck? That could be kind of useful...