1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportback rear window switches

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JohnS3, May 13, 2010.

1. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

[May 13, 2010]
    Hi guys, Can anyone with a sportback confirm if the small lock buttons next to the rear window switches on the drivers door just disable/enable the rear window switches?

I've recently had an A6 loan car and the same lock buttons also disabled/enabled the child locks as well as the windows.

There might be a mod on the go here.....
  2. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 13, 2010]
    I am not entirely sure but i think it just locks the windows and not the doors, then again i haven't figured out how to child lock the car yet
    would be very interested in this... i will check the locking thing later on and let you know
  3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

[May 13, 2010]
    I believe the child locks are activated by a quarter turn of a screw with a flat blade screwdriver close to the catch when the door is open. I'll check to see if the A6 has this too.
  4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 13, 2010]
    might try that out when my GF's lil sis is in the car... nice way to get back at her :ninja:
  5. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&# VCDS Map User

[May 13, 2010]
    The window lock switch only stops the windows being opened.

Child lock is set from the rear door as you said. As you can tell, I have kids :)

John, would like to do this mod, but I dont think it will be possible as the a3 lock system for the rear doors is purely mechanical. However, I dare you to prove me wrong and do it :)
  6. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

[May 15, 2010]
    I imagine you'll need a new rear door lock. I'll have to check the coding for the door modules too. Nothings impossible!!!