Sportback rear window switches

JohnS3

Reaction score
Hi guys, Can anyone with a sportback confirm if the small lock buttons next to the rear window switches on the drivers door just disable/enable the rear window switches?

I've recently had an A6 loan car and the same lock buttons also disabled/enabled the child locks as well as the windows.

There might be a mod on the go here.....

I am not entirely sure but i think it just locks the windows and not the doors, then again i haven't figured out how to child lock the car yet
would be very interested in this... i will check the locking thing later on and let you know

I believe the child locks are activated by a quarter turn of a screw with a flat blade screwdriver close to the catch when the door is open. I'll check to see if the A6 has this too.

The window lock switch only stops the windows being opened.

Child lock is set from the rear door as you said. As you can tell, I have kids :)

John, would like to do this mod, but I dont think it will be possible as the a3 lock system for the rear doors is purely mechanical. However, I dare you to prove me wrong and do it :)

I imagine you'll need a new rear door lock. I'll have to check the coding for the door modules too. Nothings impossible!!!