Sportback Ordered!

cdb2

Reaction score
Ordered my Sportback a few days ago.

Managed to get the main dealer to match the internet broker price! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Well happy with that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Many thanks to all those who have answered my questions on here both via postings and PM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Now the long wait until March..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

In the meantime, have a great Christmas everyone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Congratulations! Good luck with the wait. What kind of delivery date are you looking at? I'll be pickup up my sportback on the 5th of January.. yipeeeee!

By the way, what spec have you ordered?

Congrats mate, it'll be the longest 2-3 months of your life :)
I got the same deal, got a price from www.autocarsource.com and got Portsmouth Audi to price match (in fact they beat it by £20). Originally had the deal through Aston Green in Slough but they backed out.

Anybody up north try Doncaster Audi...they usually beat anyone!

When they delivered mine free of charge, they had just delivered one to Portsmouth.

P

Portsmouth gave me exactly 10% off the VAT inclusive price of the car which I was more than happy with. I'd be surprised if you could beat a main dealer down much further but ****** well done if you did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congratulations mate, well-pleased for you. Does this mean I won't need to take any more pictures of my Sportback any more? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Let us know what the final spec was.

well done mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

spec details please...

I was told when I picked up my car yesterday that the delivery delay had increased. I had to wait 4 months for mine but was told that now it almost 6 months ! Depending on the car spec as well... he said that the 3.2 was the one with the less delay. He also said that Audi doesn't communicate a build week anymore because of this !

(all to be confirmed as dealers are salesmen!)

Check with your dealer.

Thanks for all your comments guys........to answer your questions re deal and spec......

In the end, 3 or 4 main dealers on or near the south coast agreed to match the price from the internet broker so I was then in the nice position where I had to choose one! Some required a printed copy of the quote (you can get this from drivethedeal for about £34 from memory), some just the details of the site so they could verify it themselves.

The internet broker as mentioned above was drivethedeal.com who in all my exhaustive searching (!) appear to offer the best deals on the A3 Sportback. The price was 8.34% off the total OTR price, i.e. (the car + options + delivery + vat) - 8.34%. This therefore gives a true 8.34% total discount. Some dealers only take the discount off the car and options then add back on the VAT and delivery thus reducing your total discount, so watch out!

From my searching\experience this is probably the best you'll get at the moment on the Sportback as it is still quite new, a lot of brokers still only offer between 5 and 6.5% off it. As EEEF has shown, there are better deals to be had on the A3 3 door as brokers generally appear to discount it more than the Sportback, again probably because the Sportback has only recently been launched.

Incidentally, before I had the broker quote, I was being offered only a few hundred pounds off the Sportback which amounted to 1.34% as opposed to the 8.34% I finally got!

For those who asked, my final spec was SPORTBACK 2.0 FSI SE, Silver metallic, Automatic folding door mirrors, 5 spoke star design alloys 17", 4 spoke multi function steering wheel, Rear mats, Medial Aluminum Silver inlays, Acoustic Parking System, Electric lumbar support, Front fog lights, Drivers Information System, Polished Aluminium Roof Rails, Black Interior, Tyre Pressure Monitor + of course all the usual included SE stuff like auto lights and wipers, interior lighting pack, arm rest, cruise etc.....

Went for the SE as having tried both didn't want the harder ride of the Sport on the poor roads around here, and I'm no speedster! I found the SE plenty hard enough!

Went for the petrol as only do low miles and so don't need a diesel. Also having tried both couldn't live with the diesel clatter, I spend a lot of time at low revs in queues. The 2.0tdi certainly did pull well though and put a grin on my face, just not ready for a diesel yet!

For those who spotted it, the tyre pressure monitor (page 59 in brochure, "tyre pressure control display") is a new option only just out. It is available to order now for £50.

Dealer reckons March delivery at the moment but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think from what I've read, most of the delays seem to be on DSGs.

Thanks again to all those who helped me along the way with pics and answers to questions, you know who you are!

Anyone has any questions, just ask....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ordered mine in the end of November. Currently the car is scheduled to be built during week 4, and delivery between weeks 7 and 8.

Presumably as an owner you get the free Audi magazine?

Does this start after order or after delivery?

Here you get something like "VW/Audi/Skoda" magazine and a free Audi spam-advertising. Nothing worth reading.

- Yak

[ QUOTE ]
David Robinson said:
If you phone Audi Customer Services and ask they will add you name to the mailing list now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it free? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Yes the Audi Magazine is published by Audi UK and is free. The Audi Driver magazine mentioned in the last post is not free and published by Autometrix Publications and is available on subscription.

Don't know if Audi UK will send the Audi Magazine free to overseas addresses.

[ QUOTE ]
cdb2 said:

Thanks again to all those who helped me along the way with pics and answers to questions, you know who you are!

Anyone has any questions, just ask....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice spec CDB! Sounds like the perfect combination to me.

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]