Sportback LED Rear Lights (Fitted by itwasntme187)

Looks like it could be a faulty adaptor...

But I tried the adapter from the left side which works fine on the left and the right light didn't work as well. That's what I don't get...

Ok figured it out. It was the loom. Seller sent two left side looms, I assumed they are the same, turns out they aren't. Redid the loop as per the info I found on the Internet and now we are in business. Thanks for your time.

I've seen the link for the eBay seller from
Germany for the rear facelift lights but where can I get the adapters that are mentioned?

I got mine off ebay they were about 35 well made looms work perfectly

They are a good mod mate I was well chuffed with mine they look great at night really bring it upto date

Well at long last I have finally got round to fittng new rear LED lights to 2006 Sportback....with a little help from forum member itwasntme187 (Ash)

I have been thinking about doing this mod for a little while now, but was waiting for the right deal. Then just the other week I saw a thread posted by Ash himself for a German supplier selling sets of the lights on eBay for a very good price. Not wanting to attempt the mod myself I got advice and agreed a deal to fit with Ash and went ahead and ordered the lights.

The lights arrived very quickly despite the seller saying they would take 7 days. I then had a slight panic as the packaging said LHD and not an Audi badge in sight, but after a very early morning reply to my slightly panic stricken email Ash reassured me that they were perfectly ok and that he had just fitted the same lights to his car.

As arranged Ash came round to mine to fit the lights for me for a small fee and after a few hours and after a few small connection errors (probably down to me talking through the whole install) my lights were fitted and the car looks alot more modern from the rear.

Ash really knows his stuff when it comes to car electrics and his own looms are working a treat and saved me a few quid on adapters. He even worked in sub zero temperatures and never complained once about how cold it was! He also spent time with me going through a few options on the cars programming and I now have a very cool 'One Touch Option' on the key which closes all my windows and sunroof!

Anyone that wants this doing to their car I would recommend the eBay seller and I would definitely recommend getting Ash to do the install.

Thanks mate for all your help and I'll be in touch when I next need help with any tricky mods.

A few photos after.......

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg
Here are some pictures of my led rear tail lights:

Hi mate the lights look great, nice upgrade, I've just purchased the same lights, I'm just waiting on the wiring adapters to arrive, this chap Ash sounds the right man for the job. Where is he located as I'd like him to do mine. I'm based in Birmingham, don't mind travelling . If you could get back to me on this , I'd be very grateful mate. Cheers. Simon.

Hi All,

Last week I got my rear led lights and Ash came over to install them. I have to say it has definitely transformed my car- looks so much better with the led lights.

I would again recommend Ash to install them if you do go down the led rear light route. He did an excellent job, he knows his stuff!

Thanks Ash and thanks to Chris ( who recommended him via this thread).

I will post some pictures soon.

Hi mate I've just purchased some rear led lights, just waiting on the wiring adapter to arrive, this chap Ash sounds the right man for the job, where is he based, an have you a contact no for him, as I'd like him to fit mine, the upgrade looks awesome, if you could get back to me on this , be appreciated mate, cheers, Simon

Hi mate I've just purchased some rear led lights, just waiting on the wiring adapter to arrive, this chap Ash sounds the right man for the job, where is he based, an have you a contact no for him, as I'd like him to fit mine, the upgrade looks awesome, if you could get back to me on this , be appreciated mate, cheers, Simon
Send ash a message, his username has changed since 2012, he is now site sponsor ash187. Ash will travel to do retrofit work. Where are you located Simon? if you frequire his no. I can give you it. :) x
@Ash187

Pm replied too Simon. :) x

Finally got mine fitted that Iv had since Christmas.. Bad I know! Just need to get them coded today but all working well and surprisingly no errors on the dash!

Mindak what ones did you get? (link to eBay?) also what looms did you get, I've been having a look though always good to know from others experience.
BTW, did you need to re-programme anything for them to work?

Has anybody got any new eBay sellers with these recommended led lights (plus harnesses) as the older links people have been adding back in 2012 have now expired.

• Are the tail light sets sold from EU/Germany sellers all equipped with rear fog light function?
  • Is VCDS coding required even with the adapter harness for 06-08 cars? I have Euro tails presently installed with a Euro headlight switch having rear fogs enabled.

Not sure on the first question, but the second yes you need coding with vcds also if you can wire you don't need the adapters is a video on you tube