Sportback Insurance

JSportback

Reaction score
Website
www.transitionbikes-uk.com
Hi!

I'm just waiting for my 2.0 TDI DSG Sportback Sport to arrive and I was just wondering who you use for your insurance?

The whole idea of getting this car was to save money and I was really surprised today when I heard that it was only going to be £149 a year cheaper to insure with a policy standing at £617.40 per year with a £1000 excess and 2 years no claims!

I am 27 living in a good postcode too, so to me this quote from Direct Line seems ultra steep!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

J

I'm 300 per annum for my sportback 2.0T FSI Quattro from First Alternative
Jeff

One point may be worth considering. Use the internet to get quotes. I've always found you get a cheaper quote than over then phone.

Also I've been insured with AXA Direct for the past few years and each time I receive my renewal notice, I log onto their quotes website and I always get a cheaper quote, so I cancel the existing policy and take out a new one. In 2000 I was paying £421 for a 1.8T sport and it's gone down each year.

I have an A3 2.0 TDI SE DSG and I am currently paying £312 with protected no claims and £125 excess. Mine you I am 56 years old so that may make some difference !

No problem glad to help, just glad I don't have your bill!

yep am 35 but my partner is 28 and has had a claim in last 18months on her insurance. Have full no claims, one thing that will count is that I am a trained emergency driver so that knocks mine down.

Posted by JoJo:

Thu Oct 21 2004 01:15 PM

Calm down dear ... it's only a ...

I was pretty sure this thread was about saving moneys on insurance and not weather we can afford it or not. These threads tend to offer valuable information to aid us in saving as much as possible from these theiving insurance companies, and maybe save us some time from shopping around for quotes.

i found privilage to be the cheapest this year there really good if you've had an accident recently they can normally reduce your premium to the same level as before you had the accident

David robinson,

i do that trick as well they give you a massive discount for joining through the internet. only thing you need to watch with axa is they dont guarentee you a hire car if you have an accident we had a right game to get one when i had my accident becaust eh body shops wont release them until the ins inspector has been he normally takes about a week before he can be bothered to look at your car