1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sportback facelift tail lights

Ash187 Jan 7, 2012

1. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

hi guys,

I have been wanting to get my hands on a set of these for a while now and i have the cash waiting.
    Does anyone know of where i can get a set for a decent price? i have looked on ebay and there are some sets on eBay Germany but i would rather just go and pick a set up.

Also I dont need the Kufatec cables either as i will be making up my own looms

Also is it true that the MY11 Sportback rear lights are darker in tint like the MY11 3 door ones are? someone at Ace Cafe meet said that but i havent seen any like that?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride" VCDS Map User

Haha Ash, you didn't trust what I said, lol! Hope your good mate.
    Yeah the MY11 ones are darker tint like the 3 door.

BTW changed my MFSW buttons to the black with chrome trim. Looks good. Will get some pics up soon.

3. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

ahhh it was you! thats how **** my memory is! lol

i really want to see the darker tint... might go and pop down to audi next week and browse around their new A3s (as you do)
    i fitted a couple of the rear lights yesterday for some guys and it just hurt when i came back to mine and saw how ugly the standard ones were... really need a set of those on my car.

yh i read that you managed to swap your black ones with someone that had chrome ones... you jammy git! get some pics up! i might be looking for a flat bottom wheel soon :ninja:

4. Ash187

i have just searched for some pics of the newer rear tails on the audi websites and even the RS3 seems to have the same normal tint rear lights :think:

its not that i dont believe you danny its just that i cant find any pics of the darker tint sportback rear lights

2011 S3 Sportback
    [​IMG]

2011 S3 sportback Black Ed
    [​IMG]

Oct 2011 RS3
    [​IMG]

Nov 2011 RS3
    [​IMG]

5. mikex709

mikex709 Member

Does anyone have any pics with MY09 and MY11 side by side?

6. mikex709

mikex709 Member

lol, thanks for the pics Ash. Now for the MY11 SB LED rear lights
    Unless AUDI have used LAMIN-X on the MY09 rear lights...... :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  7. Ash187

well like i said i cant actually see how they look darker... to me they just look standard on the my11s.
    seeing as i cant see the difference im just going to get any facelift rear lights and then lamin x them as originally planned :ninja:

8. Lings

Lings Active Member

Mate SB are not like 3 doors .No tint.

9. Lings

Lings Active Member

And NHN cant be beaten in price unless you buy used

10. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride" VCDS Map User

Well I never, I could have sworn they were darker. Sorry mate, think I deserve a slap on the next meet!! Haha

11. aa_autos

aa_autos Member

I wonder who's car made you change your mind ;-)

12. Ash187

yes you *******... you and Was! :) all your faults! lol
    i am coming back up next week to sort Was out so il prob see you if you aint busy working.
    hows the car doing? any new developments since last night :p
    did you fix that reverse light problem?

13. aa_autos

aa_autos Member

Hahaha! Cars great brought it home now. What day you comeing down? And no still no reverse light :-(

14. Ash187

not sure yet, need to wait til Was confirms that he has the new parts he needs then il come down for the day again.

15. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Sportback rear leds are all the same colour, no tints at all, only 3dr's have changed over ther different versions.

16. A1DEYB

A1DEYB Well-Known Member

£230 supplied, looms included and fitted by a user on here called 'NAD', that's where mine come from, 100% brand new in the boxes and genuine.

17. Ash187

Last time I spoke to Nad he said he ran out and didnt know when he would have more in. :(