sportback facelift tail lights

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi guys,

I have been wanting to get my hands on a set of these for a while now and i have the cash waiting.
Does anyone know of where i can get a set for a decent price? i have looked on ebay and there are some sets on eBay Germany but i would rather just go and pick a set up.

Also I dont need the Kufatec cables either as i will be making up my own looms

Also is it true that the MY11 Sportback rear lights are darker in tint like the MY11 3 door ones are? someone at Ace Cafe meet said that but i havent seen any like that?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Haha Ash, you didn't trust what I said, lol! Hope your good mate.
Yeah the MY11 ones are darker tint like the 3 door.

BTW changed my MFSW buttons to the black with chrome trim. Looks good. Will get some pics up soon.

ahhh it was you! thats how crap my memory is! lol

i really want to see the darker tint... might go and pop down to audi next week and browse around their new A3s (as you do)
i fitted a couple of the rear lights yesterday for some guys and it just hurt when i came back to mine and saw how ugly the standard ones were... really need a set of those on my car.

yh i read that you managed to swap your black ones with someone that had chrome ones... you jammy git! get some pics up! i might be looking for a flat bottom wheel soon :ninja:

i have just searched for some pics of the newer rear tails on the audi websites and even the RS3 seems to have the same normal tint rear lights :think:

its not that i dont believe you danny its just that i cant find any pics of the darker tint sportback rear lights

2011 S3 Sportback
VehicleImage.axd

2011 S3 sportback Black Ed
VehicleImage.axd

Oct 2011 RS3
VehicleImage.axd

Nov 2011 RS3
VehicleImage.axd

Does anyone have any pics with MY09 and MY11 side by side?

lol, thanks for the pics Ash. Now for the MY11 SB LED rear lights
Unless AUDI have used LAMIN-X on the MY09 rear lights...... :)

Last edited:
well like i said i cant actually see how they look darker... to me they just look standard on the my11s.
seeing as i cant see the difference im just going to get any facelift rear lights and then lamin x them as originally planned :ninja:

Well I never, I could have sworn they were darker. Sorry mate, think I deserve a slap on the next meet!! Haha

I wonder who's car made you change your mind ;-)
yes you *******... you and Was! :) all your faults! lol
i am coming back up next week to sort Was out so il prob see you if you aint busy working.
hows the car doing? any new developments since last night :p
did you fix that reverse light problem?

Hahaha! Cars great brought it home now. What day you comeing down? And no still no reverse light :-(

Sportback rear leds are all the same colour, no tints at all, only 3dr's have changed over ther different versions.

£230 supplied, looms included and fitted by a user on here called 'NAD', that's where mine come from, 100% brand new in the boxes and genuine.